Cuban Crafters Perfect Cutter

In the market for a second cutter. Was a firm believer of Xikar Xi's but after my last one dulled I sent it back and got a new one and the quality is definitely not the same. Was looking at the perfect cutter. I kinda hate the idea of it telling you how far you can cut but it seems to be one of the few solid guillotine cutters on the market that hasn't gone down the tubes. Does anyone own one? Does it handle a second cut well if needed, or does it split the wrapper/head? Thanks!

• Like 2

I have one. I like it. No issues with dulling yet. You can cut more if you need to, but I rarely do. Works well for less frequent or newer smokers that come by and over cut their cigars.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

The cutter with training wheels as my son in law says. Love mine but recently got a kickass counter top cutter that does all my work at home. On the road though, perfect cutter is great. 

• Like 1

I've had their perfecto cutter since 2013. Never had a problem with it. Still sharp and have never touched the blades. I cant say the same for my other cutters I have paid far more for. 

CC-23PERFECT-1200__67139.1432239514.1280.1280__20675.1563398798.jpg?c=2

• Like 4

*I've purchased the Cuban Crafters guillotine cutter in gold tone; along with my collection of Zino self sharpening guillotine, and a XIKAR V-cutter too. No complaints about any of them along with my Mean Sardine guillotine! ;)

My favorite is a “Vertigo” plastic V cutter that I buy every year or so for $5.00. I usually do a cross cut. Works for me! Call me a rube, if you wish...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Palio cutters for straight cut and Colibri V-cut.  I've been told the Palio cutters are self sharpening.. Haven't done enough research to actually find out, but its the only cutter I've been using for roughly 4 years and its not dull AT ALL.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heels82 said:

Which table top cutter did you buy?  Looking to pickup one for the homestead as well.  

Love the Palio cutter.  Heavy duty and sharp blades.  My only knock is that you've got to finesse some cuts on certain ring gauges.  A 48 is too big for the smaller opening and too small for the larger one.  I've learned to push the lever down first, rest the head on top of the blade on the larger opening and then as I release the lever, I hold the cigar steady and then lower it slightly into the opening before pushing the cutting lever down to make the cut.  Works just fine.  This thing is heavy too so you don't have to hold the cutter at all to keep it from sliding.  To me, that was the winning selling point.

https://halfwheel.com/table-quad-cutter-by-palio/367491/

• Like 3

Yes, I picked up the Palio Table Top Cutter too, last November. I can attest how sharp the blades are, you'll have no issue making sharp cuts. The lever takes some getting used to as you need to press down quite hard.

• Like 3