Goodbye my friend- An elegy to my friend Ricky- @Naga5

Well that just about does it, beautiful elegy, I will pray for his family despite not knowing him and will have to crack into a M#4.

Here's to Ricky and may we all enjoy our M4s and life while we still have it, a good reminder to do so, God bless you all.

p.s. I had a friend who died of pancreatic cancer in his early 50s, a few years ago, he was told he had potentially 6 months to live, quit work but did well in chemo and managed to live 2 more years enjoying his kids, even went back to work... until boom it came back and took him within a few months. It's a strange thing.

Enjoy your Monty 4 Ray, I will do the same. Very nice tribute. Sorry for your loss. Sending my best wishes to you, his family and friends. 

Sorry for your loss , you are all in my prayers

A while ago I stopped measuring my life in years, Birthdays or dates on a calendar. I started measuring it by occasions; an outstanding experience, wether happy or sad, they're my points of navigation in life. It sounds like the day you met Ricky was one of these markers set down for you to navigate from. 

When you see a certain date on a calendar you won't say "This is the day I met Ricky for the first time", but when you're sat quietly and something sparks a memory, you'll remember the time your paths first crossed, smile when you remember that very first laugh you had whilst shaking hands, you'll remember that last conversation and get hit by a wall of sadness for how it had to end. But the time between those two occasions is a chapter that you can mark as something special in this big bumpy journey. You can measure the past and future, good and bad, from that chapter.

It sounds like meeting Ricky was a milestone for you to look back on and be thankful for, and when you're having a rest and needing a moment of reflection to show you which path to take next, there'll be something from your time together to help you choose your way forward. 

It's awful when a time we love has come to an end and I'm sorry it's come around for you Ray but there's a gift in what you two had and I'm glad you had it

A very touching and respectful tribute to a great friendship and a even greater loss. I feel like I share your loss right now.

My heartfelt condolences. I will smoke my next cigar in honour of the friend and brother you have lost Ray.

Very sad to hear about your loss Ray, a beautiful and very moving tribute to your friend Rick. I lost my brother in law suddenly to pancreatic cancer on the 18th June 2020 almost exactly a year ago. I know the sense of loss and pain will never go away, and the memories of the good times you shared will endure. 
Just hug your family and friends tightly, and value every moment of every day.
My thoughts are with you.