Of all the Habanos special releases, if you could go back in time, which one would you have picked up?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There has been a ton I know. However if I could go back in time, I would ensre that I picked up the Bolivar Centenary humidor featuring 50 BBF and 50 BRC.  While I wouldn't want to sell it, they

Other than the Siglo XXI humidor, 1492 and Cubatabaco 25 I suppose I'd go with the Partagas 155 Aniversario.

This one's OK.

If we're including the Reserva series, it's easily the Siglo VI Gran Reserva for me. Hardly a novel choice, but were a cigar genie to visit I know that'd be my wish.

And yes, I would smoke them!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, unclepauly25 said:

Punch mantua, only had one but I loved it! I don’t know what they cost originally but they are too expensive for me now, if you can find them. 

They ran from 5-600Euro initially. 

• Like 3

Punch Super Robustos, the 2006 AP regional release.  Bought two boxes when released, kept one in Rob's online humidor thinking I'd hold to them for forever.  Ended up smoking one in 2010 when I got engaged and the balance of the box was gone shortly after.  Second box went quickly too and I've never seen another.  Funny thing is/was, they had very mixed reviews when released but they shaped up rather well.

• Like 3

Easy: Edmundo Dantes Conde 109 or La Escepción Selectos Finos. I would be more than happy to smoke nothing but those two the rest of my life lol.
Both on my shirt list.

A jar of the Selectos Finos would be my preference, however I had a chance at the last box of Conde 109 they had at the Tijuana LCDH and passed, I had always kick myself for not pulling the trigger then

Sent from my HD1910 using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Digi said:

Punch Super Robustos, the 2006 AP regional release.  Bought two boxes when released, kept one in Rob's online humidor thinking I'd hold to them for forever.  Ended up smoking one in 2010 when I got engaged and the balance of the box was gone shortly after.  Second box went quickly too and I've never seen another.  Funny thing is/was, they had very mixed reviews when released but they shaped up rather well.

I did same thing. Kept in online humidor until 2012. You are right they had poor reviews. Mine eventually came around but very inconsistent. Never see them around anymore

I haven't had a lot of them but I would have gone deep with the Ramone Allones Club Allones.  That cigar was marvelous and I am sure better today than when first purchased as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joeypots said:

This one's OK.

3BD293E4-8CD3-4C60-B929-4F0BB18ED6A6.jpeg

I considered breaking a few piggy banks to get this one. 😁. Never did. Managed to grabbed 10 of the cigars at the very least. They have been stunning.  I really like the effort that went into this. The ageing, the blending of a special HC, etc.  

I was a big fan of Compay Segundo long before I ever got into cigars, and the two affections are totally unrelated. I would love to have, in particular, a Compay 95 Humidor. I managed to get ahold of two of the Salamones and they were killer. Unfortunately in 2002 I was 22, effectively broke, and if I was going to spend any real money on something to smoke it was closer in the direction of Bob Marley vs. Compay Segundo. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ryan said:

This.

I got a very kind gift of a single of each size a few years ago and they were brilliant. The first release of the Siglo VI.

They were a great release Andy. 

I sold my first one to my accountant Artie. He still has it in his office. 

Something about the Trinidad Farmhouse speaks to us. But, we haven't been in the game long enough to form many regrets...except passing on a box of SW on the island...no luck in many many tries of 24:24.

• Like 1

If I had the possibility to get a few boxes of the following- that would be great  

Cohiba 1966 

PL Lonsdale RE 2006

PL Encantos RE 2010

RA Eminencia RE 2005

Punch Ninfas 

Punch Royal Selection No. 11+12

Partagas Charlottes

• Like 3

Definitely the Siglo XXI Millenium humidor!

Realistically I had a chance on the original 40 Aniversario humidor with the Behike original release at a shop in Brussels.

Was on display for sale, shame I didn't pull the trigger.

• Like 2