R&J Robusto EL 2002

just saw this one up on BR: https://www.bondroberts.com/product/view/5408/Romeo y Julieta Robustos

and it reminded of a happy incident ca. 2003-2005: a friend who went to school in Germany came back with 10-12 of these, so we had a bunch of fellows over my place to celebrate his return

I lit mine well ahead of everyone else (greedy guy) and was comatose before I reached the halfway mark 

The 8 or so other guys all lit theirs and were laughing at me curled in the fetal position on the floor, moaning

about 30 mins later I come out my coma & see they're all sprawled on the floor in my living room, comatose & moaning, so I collect all their smokes & while they were out I smoked prolly half of them! 

i wonder how strong they are now? at the time they were one of the best tasting smokes I had ever had

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I bought these when they first hit. $258 in Feb 03. A lot of money back then. CoRo was only in the low $300s in those days. They were god awful. Maybe they've improved but I've never heard anything good about them. I do recall them being very strong, and not in a good way.

• Like 3

On 6/21/2021 at 7:58 PM, NSXCIGAR said:

I bought these when they first hit. $258 in Feb 03. A lot of money back then. CoRo was only in the low $300s in those days. They were god awful. Maybe they've improved but I've never heard anything good about them. I do recall them being very strong, and not in a good way.

People raved about these and I got a box early on in my Cuban cigar smoking career. Just awful and one of the cigars that ended my EL buying. 

• Like 2