What's With The Connie 2?

A's and 1's are spot on.  B's never did it for me. The 2 I smoked was OK but would take the A or 1 anyday over it. Perhaps in a few years it will come into its own. No real flavor progression or complexity for the price. It has a cool band though.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If it were great, would you be questioning whether it was needed?

I'm hearing fairly similar things about it and I have a 6er on the way, but I agree, the price is way out of line unless this is a tremendous cigar which it appears it may not be.

If the cigar is mediocre or worse then someone needs to get a kick in the nuts at HSA. Jamming in a bizarre vitola into an already saturated lineup with the worst cigar of the bunch at a high price? Big time fail. 

Loving the Connie 2!  I have had a dozen or so from a few boxes and am loving them. We did a deck tasting last Friday and to a man they were thoroughly enjoyed. 

They have gone straight into my regular rotation. :cigar:

Were they needed? Not really. I still don't think the Connie B was needed. 

Give it 6 months (only so more people get a chance to smoke them)  and I reckon that if we do a poll this will be the result. 

65% -75%  "get it"

35%-25%   "don't get it" 

I will bet a long lunch with you :D

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I will bet a long lunch with you :D

Careful.  If compared to the price points for Connie 1 or Connie A, I'll take that bet.  And a long lunch requires expensive liquor for men of refined tastes, such as myself.       

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

If it were great, would you be questioning whether it was needed?

I'm hearing fairly similar things about it and I have a 6er on the way, but I agree, the price is way out of line unless this is a tremendous cigar which it appears it may not be.

If the cigar is mediocre or worse then someone needs to get a kick in the nuts at HSA. Jamming in a bizarre vitola into an already saturated lineup with the worst cigar of the bunch at a high price? Big time fail. 

Now we all know why they did such a dumbarse move such as axe the Upmann petit corona. They needed the tobacco to "reinvest" into these $300+ boxes of newfangled Upmann releases. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, NYgarman said:

Now we all know why they did such a dumbarse move such as axe the Upmann petit corona. They needed the tobacco to "reinvest" into these $300+ boxes of newfangled Upmann releases. 

I think if they repurposed the PC leaf into the Connie 2 we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

8 hours ago, JohnS said:

I haven't had one yet, but no doubt I will probably acquire a quarter box, at some point. I honestly just appreciate this public forum in that friends can express diametric (i.e. as remote as possible, as if at the opposite end of a diameter; directly adverse) views on a matter and we can all benefit in our knowledge as a result. 👍

I don't recall seeing a 6er offered on them until this week so I went ahead purely for scientific purposes. I like enough HUs to take a shot. As is the case with the Connie B, the 2 would have to blow me away for me to buy a box at that price. 

Everything I've heard about it so far with Rob being the lone exception is oddly similar and not in a good way, but I prefer having low expectations going in. 

I was really hoping this was going to be an excellent cigar that would be priced smack dab between the A and the 1 around $275. At that price if they had done a slightly richer or fuller Connie A or 1 at 51 RG, they might have got a regular buyer out of me. Or how great would a SW-style blend be for the 2? 

Here's hoping it's not as bad as I'm picking up on...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Everything I've heard about it so far with Rob being the lone exception is oddly similar and not in a good way, but I prefer having low expectations going in. 

pretty sure i've seen more than 1 person in previous posts saying that it is a decent smoke .. of course the notion of "value" depends heavily on the buyer and his assets and preferences

8 minutes ago, Meklown said:

pretty sure i've seen more than 1 person in previous posts saying that it is a decent smoke .. of course the notion of "value" depends heavily on the buyer and his assets and preferences

If by decent you mean very good, I haven't seen any of those opinions. Rob's assessment is by far the most glowing I've seen. I may have missed an opinion or two but not many people have actually smoked them yet. 

I'll look through some threads again but I would agree--"decent" is about as positive a description as I've seen so far. And almost all the descriptions mention it being light and on the blander side of flavor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

If by decent you mean very good, I haven't seen any of those opinions. Rob's assessment is by far the most glowing I've seen. I may have missed an opinion or two but not many people have actually smoked them yet. 

I'll look through some threads again but I would agree--"decent" is about as positive a description I've seen so far. And almost all the descriptions mention it being light and on the blander side of flavor. 

I've managed to try one stick. Was it a good smoke? Yes. Was it overpriced? Yes. 😂 I wouldn't knock the flavour but most definitely the price.

Here's hoping your scientific experiment is a success! 

1 minute ago, Meklown said:

I've managed to try one stick. Was it a good smoke? Yes. Was it overpriced? Yes. 😂 I wouldn't knock the flavour but most definitely the price.

Here's hoping your scientific experiment is a success! 

Sounds... decent. At $14, if it's overpriced, that's not good at all if I may say so. I consider Connie 1 to be underpriced at $9. 

I only consider it experimental because I have low expectations going in. 

Just now, NSXCIGAR said:

Sounds... decent. At $14, if it's overpriced, that's not good at all if I may say so. I consider Connie 1 to be underpriced at $9. 

Maybe because I am comparing to the (underpriced) con1 so I think that the 2 is overpriced. I would pay a similar price for both sticks, taking into account the 2 is larger. 

disclaimer is that I am a BIG fan of the con1 

Maybe because I am comparing to the (underpriced) con1 so I think that the 2 is overpriced. I would pay a similar price for both sticks, taking into account the 2 is larger. 

disclaimer is that I am a BIG fan of the con1 

Well, if it's better than the 1 in any way I'd be thrilled. That's not how I'm reading the feedback but we'll see I guess. I think the A is a slightly better overall than the 1 and it is quite a bit bigger but those are $12-13. So it's going to be competing with that.

I'll also say that even though I think the A is a better cigar, my personal preference leans toward the 1. There's just something about them. 

1 minute ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I'll also say that even though I think the A is a better cigar, my personal preference leans toward the 1. There's just something about them. 

the A falls in the "don't get it" category for me. idk? I'm just weird that way. 

the A falls in the "don't get it" category for me. idk? I'm just weird that way. 

I would say that describes the B for me. Despite the stupid price I really don't know what the deal is with it. Same with the Mag 54. Not sure what they're trying to do with it. 

The A is just very refined. Almost too refined for me. I would say the same thing about the Trini La Trova. It is very smooth and ultra-refined. I would probably take an Esmeralda or Topes over it just like I would probably take the Connie 1 over the A most days. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I would say that describes the B for me. Despite the stupid price I really don't know what the deal is with it. Same with the Mag 54. Not sure what they're trying to do with it. 

The A is just very refined. Almost too refined for me. I would say the same thing about the Trini La Trova. It is very smooth and ultra-refined. I would probably take an Esmeralda or Topes over it just like I would probably take the Connie 1 over the A most days. 

I don't get the B too .. mag54 I've liked the 1 or 2 sticks that I've had but for whatever reason have never had more. (strange, since I liked those I've tried). 

Maybe my pleb palate cannot appreciate the A nor B. On the other hand I love all the current prod Trinis, and in fact think that they are underpriced as well. LOL. 

7 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Yeah I think I like that refined taste. Only Upmanns I really like are Connie A and Sir Winstons. Though I feel like I need to revisit some of them again and check out the 2 and B too.

• Like 1