Most of us have them. 

Those cigars that are aging in your humidor, not because you actually want to.....but because the thought of smoking them makes you wince. 

Maybe your tastes have changed......maybe you alway hated them and can't bring yourself to lighting one up. 

Sleepers....nemesis cigars taking up room in your humidor ;)

What's yours?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For us Aussies without a large bank roll, that is every one of them. Everyone you smoke means one less in storage. Yes, you enjoy the moment but when you think about the cost of replacing it, ouc

I've been staring at an ugly, beat up, underfilled Trinidad Vigia for about 8 months. I dont know how it got so beat up, but the foot was cracked and there was a hole about midway in the wrapper. 

I’ve got a sleeping ¾ box of RASS that’s now over 5 years old. It’s my second box, I thought maybe the first box was a dud. I’ve given it my best shot to understand the hype, but I’m beginning to thin

Some Mag 50 floating around. Need to give those away desperately.

Have a few RGPC I'm not a fan of. Some RyJ Short Churchills need to get lost. 

I really try not to have anything I don't like lying around unless they are pure giveaway cigars. 

• Like 1

Just now, Islandboy said:

I’m beginning to think they’re just not in my wheelhouse

It's OK. Not in mine either. I've completed the 12-step program but it didn't help...still can't get them.

I will say that the 19-20 RASS I've had are among the best I've ever had, although that's not saying much. 90-91 points tops. 

2 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

I’ve got a sleeping ¾ box of RASS that’s now over 5 years old. It’s my second box, I thought maybe the first box was a dud. I’ve given it my best shot to understand the hype, but I’m beginning to think they’re just not in my wheelhouse - which seems strange since everyone and their brother loves them.

I'm not sold on them. I really want to be. All this talk about stone fruits and raisins. Then I get some samples- flat. Then I buy a box blind- flat thus far. Don't recall the factory code but it was from 2019.

2 minutes ago, Meesterjojo said:

I'm not sold on them. I really want to be. All this talk about stone fruits and raisins. Then I get some samples- flat. Then I buy a box blind- flat thus far. Don't recall the factory code but it was from 2019.

Now that they’re 5 years old, I actually do get the stone fruit flavor. The problem is it’s all stewed prune, not my thing.

8 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Have a few RGPC I'm not a fan of.

They might be my favourite PC (of the ones still around). Not the highest of highs but just very consistent for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bijan said:

They might be my favourite PC (of the ones still around). Not the highest of highs but just very consistent for me. 

They get a lot of praise but I've never seen it in modern times. Not much flavor for me. The Perlas blow them away IMO. 

11 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

The problem is it’s all stewed prune, not my thing.

Don't buy any Famosos then...:no:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

They get a lot of praise but I've never seen it in modern times. Not much flavor for me. The Perlas blow them away IMO. 

It's the other way around for me. And I think the Perlas get more praise now. But I like Marevas much more than Perlas.

• Like 1

Just now, Bijan said:

It's the other way around for me. And I think the Perlas get more praise now. But I like Marevas much more than Perlas.

I would prefer the Marevas as well. I actually somewhat dislike Perlas. Minutos are about the smallest I'm really comfortable with and I'd prefer Marevas of the three. Unfortunately, the RG, Monte 5 and Siglo I are all pretty special. But boy, would I love to have some of these Perlas/Minutos blends in a Marevas or Coronas. 

And you're right--for some reason the RGPC has really dropped off the map. I have a feeling these are headed for death sooner than later. They have a very, very small following and they seem to be producing very few recently. Not a good sign. The Perlas are quite good and are such a great value I'm not surprised they're garnering more attention recently.  @El Presidente, curious--when's the last time anyone even asked you about RGPC? Seen any lately? 

• Like 2

BGMs. Don't know what possessed me to buy them, but buy them I did. Now they sit in my locker, and I've never had the heart to send for them. Why oh why did I buy Bolivars when I don't even like smoking them?!?!?!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

BGMs. Don't know what possessed me to buy them, but buy them I did. Now they sit in my locker, and I've never had the heart to send for them. Why oh why did I buy Bolivars when I don't even like smoking them?!?!?!

Because they were $65 and a cool looking release. :wink2:  I bought some of the 07 release as well. Didn't like them. 

I am assuming of course you're not talking about the 1970s BGM...

Anything bigge

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

Wow. Great size and up there as one of my GOAT cigars. Bite the bullet and have a crack! 
For me it’s any modern Trinidad. Can’t get a decent one and just not much going on, or too subtle. 

4 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Cause you got caught up in the hype like I did, just be grateful that you didn't go any deeper 

4 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Because they were $65 and a cool looking release. :wink2:  I bought some of the 07 release as well. Didn't like them. 

I am assuming of course you're not talking about the 1970s BGM...

08 & 09 BGMs. If I had 70's BGMs.... Bond Roberts!

3 hours ago, Duxnutz said:

Anything bigge

Wow. Great size and up there as one of my GOAT cigars. Bite the bullet and have a crack! 
For me it’s any modern Trinidad. Can’t get a decent one and just not much going on, or too subtle. 

Actually have had a few BGMs, and like other Bolivars, never appealed to me.

28 minutes ago, jay8354 said:

Cause you got caught up in the hype like I did, just be grateful that you didn't go any deeper 

Shiny, gold wrappers....

Monte Petite Edmundo - (LMB JAN-18).  The first two box purchase of CC's I ever made.  @Devo loves them and always says they're chocolate bombs.  I never get any chocolate off of them - I do get it from other cigars - but not these.  Put 3 away from the first box into long-term storage (stole the idea from @SigmundChurchill) and don't plan on touching them until their 7 to 10 years old.  The other box sits in the humi awaiting Devo to smoke them.  Haven't bought any more since.  Love my Monte # 2's and 4's - I'll just stick with these!

• Like 1

Oooh, I’m goin’ to FOH hell for this. A gorgeous box of 2018 R&J Churchills I got in Havana a couple of years ago. Visually stunning in every way, certainly would have made PSP by looks alone. Like smoking a stick of wood. Firm to over firm draw, then wood with some lovely wood notes (and a slightly bitter cherry on top). Had considered using a few for smoking ribs yesterday, but at $X dollars a stick, I kept with the mesquite chips...

96CBC167-5F1A-4DF5-8C12-BBD2A1ED4E66.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

OR Mag 50 regular production. Bought 25 ct and phenomenal. Immediately bought 50 Cab. Bland at 1st and thought needed some down time. Never developed even after 2,3 ,5 and 10 years. Still have half cab. Just straight tobacco..