• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For us Aussies without a large bank roll, that is every one of them. Everyone you smoke means one less in storage. Yes, you enjoy the moment but when you think about the cost of replacing it, ouc

I've been staring at an ugly, beat up, underfilled Trinidad Vigia for about 8 months. I dont know how it got so beat up, but the foot was cracked and there was a hole about midway in the wrapper. 

I’ve got a sleeping ¾ box of RASS that’s now over 5 years old. It’s my second box, I thought maybe the first box was a dud. I’ve given it my best shot to understand the hype, but I’m beginning to thin

16 hours ago, Bijan said:

LGR NOV 18 PLPC cab. Good sleeper I guess as they're supposed to need 5 years. Not terrible cigars but definitely not the caramel they're supposed to be.

Give them 5-7 years...

• Like 1

Wow, add me to the RASS group. Desirable box codes, a year old, 3yrs. Just a bunch of poor construction and little smoking enjoyment. I have a 2017 box of Siglo II's that have all been harsh. I keep pretending another 4 years will magically make them good. Not holding out hope.

I have 5 Hoyo De Monterrey Double Coronas left from a box I bought 19 years ago. Too big for me really. I’m a slow smoker and they take me hours. I never want to commit.

I’m also finding it hard to smoke my Juan Lopez Petit Coronas, but for a very different reason. Now they aren’t available I don’t want to use them up.

Not a fan of RASS. (took me too long to realize it). Yet, a 2006 RASS I smoked in 2019 may have been the best regular production cigar i've ever smoked. 

To answer Prez's question, my '17 D4's. I purchased 2 25 boxes from a friend (a cigar smoking friend). I think I'm down to 11 or so left. I've gifted them to friends and they have told me they love them. So I don't think they are bad per se, but like RASS, just took me a while to realize I don't like D4's. 

• Like 1

A 2014 cab of Mag46. I’ve always liked HU, but 46s seem to be the bastard child of the marca. This particular cab has dark mottled wrappers that absolutely refused to burn. What I could get to burn, just tasted like Nicaragua. 

In a surprising twist, I revisited it last week, and had a couple that were absolute gems. No burn issues, and great flavors. Apparently it only takes seven years to shine a turd. 

I have one and approx an additional half a box or more of Hoyo de Monterrey Anejados, Aged Habanos Series, the size is 48 x 127mm, vitola, Hermoso #4  Really loved them when they were newly released.. 

They smoked wonderfully for 2-3 years, went through many boxes and then suddenly they turned sour and not pleasant at all. The last few ones I have had I gave up after one third or max half as they were unbearable.

It is a real shame as the half box left was a dear gift, but I dare not to smoke one again. I am hoping another 3-5 years will revert them back to their formal glory. 

I read about some cigar cycles, and I am thinking this is what happened to them. Sigh

• Like 1

I am hesitant to smoke any LGC MdO's & Tainos , A's in coffins, or Punch SS2 Cab.  Have a feeling I'll sell all of them at some point to fund other cigar purchases.

• Like 1

RASS - I don't know that I'll ever like the flavor of a RASS.  I've had a box of RAG that I enjoyed ok but RASS, nah

PLPC - I'm a fan of the PLMC but haven't found the PLPC magic yet

Every 4 inch or shorter cigar - Makes no sense to me to have to smoke a cigar like a roach at the halfway point.  My hands aren't meant for tiny cigars.

HdM Epicure No. 2 from 2018 - All delicious pencil shavings and not much else. 11 more to go!

Montecristo No. 4 from 2016 - Great flavor but every cigar has needed some PerfecDraw assistance.

RyJ Petit Royales from 2019 - Flat in the flavor department. The other box I have taste like mini cazadores.

On 7/5/2021 at 1:00 PM, mprach024 said:

I’ve got 3 boxes of pale BRCs that I try not to think about.  Unfortunately I’ve burned through all of my good ones, and I’m refusing to buy more out of fear of adding to this dreaded pile.  These are all 19s and 20s

Oh man, that is my one box I have buried down deep as well, a box of BRC with really almost green wrappers, nothing like my first box or two, which were great.

HdM Epicure No. 2 from 2018 - All delicious pencil shavings and not much else. 11 more to go!
Montecristo No. 4 from 2016 - Great flavor but every cigar has needed some PerfecDraw assistance.
RyJ Petit Royales from 2019 - Flat in the flavor department. The other box I have taste like mini cazadores.

I’ve got a 2019 box of Epi 2’s and a 2018 box of Monte 4’s exactly the same as yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, mbrody said:

2018 VR Unicos…half a box left. Burn like crap and taste like soap. Lifebuoy yuck…

Almost every Unicos I have tried, including an entire box and some singles, offered an absolutely similar experience.  Never again....

A box of RyJ Coronitas en Cedro RAU SEP 16.   They were super strong and acrid.   I smoke one every once and a while and they are better but hit and miss.   Maybe a couple more years.   I also have a box of H Upmann Connoisseur #1 BRE NOV 18.   Several people have said that the late BRE 2018 Connie 1's were horrible.   The first one I smoke cleaning my garage.   So I kept letting it go out so I was unable to tell if it was  good or not.   I sat down and smoked one a couple months ago.   The first third seemed good but past that it definitely was a good bit stronger than the other Connie 1's  I have smoked before.    I will smoke another on later this month and see where I think the box stands.

i have a box of geo feb 14 r&j exhibicion #4's that i don't think will ever wake up. another couple i have serious doubts about are an obm dic 17 r&j mille fleurs and oeb nov 06 pl panetelas. just nothing flavors.

-dobbs

RASS and D4's laying at the bottom of the desktop humi for at least 3-4 years. I remember some in the RASS box where unsmokeable not sure why. Totally forgot about them, lit them up earlier this year. Was pure magic. Same goes for D4's. Totally forgot about them hit them up and they where great as well.

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Almost every Unicos I have tried, including an entire box and some singles, offered an absolutely similar experience.  Never again....

I smoke a ton of Famosos. Don't like Unicos. Totally different IMO. The last good Unicos I had was around 2002. 

On 7/6/2021 at 8:54 AM, Walter19 said:

RASS and PD4

Right there with you. 

Surprised how often those two are popping up in this thread.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 4:00 PM, mprach024 said:

I’ve got 3 boxes of pale BRCs that I try not to think about.  Unfortunately I’ve burned through all of my good ones, and I’m refusing to buy more out of fear of adding to this dreaded pile.  These are all 19s and 20s

What box codes?  I buy more of BRC than anything else - I have a PUS SEP 19 and TSM SEP 19 both with pretty pale and dry wrappers.  Taste has been fine, not spectacular or terrible but "just ok" - I will probably burn through these while BBQing or walking the dog - something to smoke through while my nice looking boxes get some age.

RyJ Wide Churchills REG Sep 19.  Every one has been a tent peg.  Even the perfec draw has been little help with the 3 I've attempted to smoke.  All have ended up tossed. :(

I've got some 10 sticks of Monte 2s which I received from various vendors just sitting around. Not a fan. The non cuban version was my first cigar ever. Funny enough I distinctly get a hint, the faintest hint, of that in the cuban original. Still, not a fan. Too light for me, no pizzaz. Will probably hand them out if folks ever come out here.

On 7/5/2021 at 12:05 AM, Islandboy said:

I’ve got a sleeping ¾ box of RASS that’s now over 5 years old. It’s my second box, I thought maybe the first box was a dud. I’ve given it my best shot to understand the hype, but I’m beginning to think they’re just not in my wheelhouse - which seems strange since everyone and their brother loves them.

Try the Small Club Coronas.  For me personally, they're the best of the Marca by far, and deliver exactly what others describe the RASS to be.  I've had mixed luck at best with various batches of RASS over the years, but I've burned through boxes of RASCC with great results, and even greater enjoyment.  

• Like 1