newbie introduction (NYC)

haskell

Hi All, been using FOH store and forum for a while, and figured its best I introduce myself. I'm based in NY, and have been indulging consistently for about a year now. I'm more well versed in NC cigars, but this forum has been super educational thank you. 

I did want to voice one frustration I'm trying to overcome with CC's hoping maybe someone has some advice. It seems in order to really immerse into CC you need to dedicate years before you really know whats up. I'm very curious to try more brands/vitolas, but when you pull the trigger and buy a box you likely need to age them for significant time. Its a real test of patience. I.e. I want to try some Punch DC, but might need to wait a year + before they're ready to smoke....if its a young box?

I imagine people who live outside the US can roll up to a store and buy some singles and know which box dates they come from?

thanks for listening to me kvetch

2 hours ago, haskell said:

I want to try some Punch DC, but might need to wait a year + before they're ready to smoke....if its a young box?

Welcome.

Many folks here try young smokes--if you buy a whole box it is not that big a deal if the first couple are not up to snuff.    Sometimes they are fine young--trying them is the only way to know for sure.     If they are bland or unbalanced then you know you have to wait.