WINNER ANNOUNCED!! List your Starting 5 Comp

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Michael Jordan: Cohiba Esplendidos  Scottie Pippen: Monte 4 (MOB DIC 14) Dennis Rodman: RASS Ron Harper: HUHC (SOU NOV 19) Toni Kukoc: Trinidad Fundadores   Steve Kerr 6t

Currently, it would have to be the following... Cohiba Siglo VI ARG Jun 2015 Montecristo No.5 AUM Jul 2014 Por Larranaga Montecarlos LGR Oct 2017 Punch 48 LGR Oct 2018

1. RGPC (SOM MAR 16) 2. Hoyo du Depute (18 and 19s) 3. CoRo (GOS ENE 18) 4, 5, 6 Partagas Serie du Connaisseur 1, 2, 3 (1999, 2000, 1998). I guess that's 6, so scratch out the PSDC

14 hours ago, Kevin48438 said:

RASS - MSU OCT 18.  Fabulous box.  Only a couple left that I’m kind of saving for a friend to verify they are special.  A have a few other boxes (different codes) that are also very nice, but just one notch below.  This box has made me a huge fan and I’ll be chasing them for a while.  My buddy better get here soon…

Monte 4 - I’m always down for one.  Mine are all ‘18-‘19.

Tatuaje Black Label Corona Gorda - I have old and new releases.  Awesome cigar

Rocky Patel Decade Robusto - One of the few Rockys I like all that much.

Padron Family Reserve 50 Natural - Get some

Absolutely love the Decade. If I have more time, I usually go for the Torpedo.

Couple of newcomers to this list for me.

Monte Petit Edmundo (UBM 17 and AMO 15)

PLMC EML 14 and 15 Don’t like them young, but these have been great.  

SCDLH Principe (currently AME 13 but have EML in the wings)

Partagas E2 (suddenly my ULA 14 and AMO 15 turned the corner and came into focus)

Partagas Shorts 2013.  Got them from BR last year.  Perfection. 

Bolivar Belicoso Fino PTG MAY 20: favorite of the Bolivar lineup so far, so much rich flavor

Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de Rio Seco SOR ENE 20: had a couple plugged ones out of the box but recently have been better, but the creamy ginger spice is so nice

Montecristo No. 2 UTL MAY 19: the creamy coffee chocolate profile is probably the one I can reach for most consistently

Partagas Short TSM MAR 19: these were plugged early on but rest seems to have settled these down, just a solid go to

Trinidad Rey BSM FEB 20: another solid go to shorter smoke when I'm feeling fancy

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wetduck79 said:

All mine are nc since the few cc I have are resting.

Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Sungrown 

padron 3000 maduro

601 blue label toro

fat bottom Betty toro 

la Gloria Cuban series r maduro

The Fuente double chateau is a winner indeed!

• Like 2

Dip # 2 (LGR DIC-18) Every one in the box is special.

JL1 (UTL MAY-19) Love the size and the orange peel flavor.

Monte #4 (AMO SEP-16) Chocolate sticks and smooth ...

PsdP (RAT NOV-19) who knew you could get sour creme in a cigar.

SCdlH La Punta (RAT MAY-20) Leather, Molasses and Pancakes - El Principe times 3.

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Work of Art: I've always been impressed w/ Fuente's use of the Cameroon wrapper. The current box I'm smoking from has an amplified spicy/sweet flavor profile. It's simply delicious!

Illusione Epernay Serie 2009 10th Anniversary: I'm not a huge fan of the standard Epernay line; however, this is something completely different. I can taste the grapey champagne effervescence fleeting in and out.

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Lancero: Ever watch a female bodybuilding contest? That's exactly what this cigar is! Beautiful, lean, oily, and strong.

Partagas Shorts (ASR-MAY-18): It's summer here in the Midwestern United States. This is the perfect cigar for an afternoon outside and a Pacifico!

Ramon Allones Specially Selected (MSU-FEB-19): I wasn't on the RASS bandwagon until this box. The flavors are big and fruity. They are so good, I haven't even touched the other box I have from 2015!

No particular order...
Juan Lopez Sel #1 BRO SEP 17
RyJ Churchill UEB SEP 19
PLPC TOS FEB 17
Monte No.4 BEO JUL 16
Parti Mille Fleurs UEB AGO 18
This is based on a roughly aggregated, variably calculated, half-assed score I assign on my CC spreadsheet. All except the Parti MF. It's a volume winner. I've smoked more of those than any other CC. I see very few folks smoking the Parti MF's which is fine by me. Leave 'em for me, I'll take care of them.
I will gladly share those Mille Fleurs with you.

Nothing to add to this topic, my smoking experience is way to one-sided to give a fair answer.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29 met Tapatalk

• Like 1

1. Juan Lopez Sel #2 - RUM MAY 18
  2. Fonseca #1 - OEP NOV 14
  3. Upmann #2 - GEM ENE 21 (yes, seriously!)
  4. Illusione Ultra MK - FEB 19
  5. Montecristo Edmundo - BUP FEB 18

Aww geeze, right as I'm at work waking up. 

Partagas D4 (especially this specific box of 10s from 2019- the most fantastic cigars I've ever had. Will get box code at home).

BBF

Paul Garmirian petite coronas 

HdM Epi #1

RyJ short Churchills

The PG gourmet series is the most un-nc a NC can be I think. They still taste nearly the same as the first one I had about 28 years ago. Well crafted, excellent flavor, zero gimmicks unlike non Cubans these days. Most non Cubans smell and taste like American snuff to me. Barnyard, heavy. Hurts going up the nose. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Meesterjojo said:

Aww geeze, right as I'm at work waking up. 

Partagas D4 (especially this specific box of 10s from 2019- the most fantastic cigars I've ever had. Will get box code at home).

BBF

Paul Garmirian petite coronas 

HdM Epi #1

RyJ short Churchills

The PG gourmet series is the most un-nc a NC can be I think. They still taste nearly the same as the first one I had about 28 years ago. Well crafted, excellent flavor, zero gimmicks unlike non Cubans these days. Most non Cubans smell and taste like American snuff to me. Barnyard, heavy. Hurts going up the nose. 

I had my first PG recently, the 25th anniversary stick. Blew me away. Outstanding smoke. 

IMG_20210515_141737_830.jpg.602fd28d5a1b7174f28a70d0971f1d22.jpgR &J Wide Churchill TUA MAR 20 I think absolutely magnificent

San Cristobal Prada 

Punch Short de Punch. RAT ENE 20

H Upmann EL 2015

Monte Petit Edmundo BUP AGO 17

IMG_20210626_064127_408.jpg

IMG_20210214_095819_532.jpg

IMG_20210422_150525_359.jpg

IMG_20201212_181005_266.jpg

• Like 1

Bolivar Petit Corona MSU 19

Partagas P2 MSU 19

RASS MSU 19

Trinidad Fundadores ARS 19

JL #2 RUM 19

The MSU’s are the champions of 2019!

Monte 4 (2010 - these are top of my list for a reason)

Juan Lopez Petit Corona (2011 I believe - sadly only a few left now)

Por Larrañaga Panatelas (2012 - great on a Sunday morning with a coffee)

Oliva Serie V Belicoso (2008 - they’re so smooth after all this time and I’m really enjoying them)

Villiger Export Maduro (2018 - sorry I can’t help it, I love ‘em and they’re as cheap as chips. These humble little machine made cigars have become a staple. Swiss made with Cuban tobacco)

HDM Epicure No. 2 (2020)

Partagas Lusitania (2018)

Oliva Serie V Melanio Robusto (2020)

PLMC (2019)

Oliva Serie V Double Robusto (2020)

Honourable mentions: PSD4/Mag 46/PLPC.

• MoeFOH changed the title to WINNER ANNOUNCED!! List your Starting 5 Comp