How is your 2018 stock doing?

I’ve noticed my 2018 stock has gotten much better over the past year. 2018 got a bad reputation and was considered one of the lesser years in Cuban cigars. 

Although I would run to say that a bit of age is helping, but my 2016/2017 stock is still sub par. 

Just curious if anyone else noticed their 2018 stock started off “bleh” but turned out great. 

I have a box of January 2018 CoRo that are better now than when I got them last summer. Though this is based on very few cigars so just as likely luck or rest.

• Thanks 1

I have noticed the same thing with my 2018 stock I have been revisiting over the past couple of months now that we're at the 3 year mark. Definite improvement based on my tasting notes from the 1 and 2 year mark. 

• Thanks 1

My 2018 stock is coming around, but most of them are still strong and a little unbalanced for my taste.   The dates on most of these are the second half of 2018.

The three boxes that have reached the "excellent--smoke now" stage are BBF MSU Feb 18, JL2  UTL Feb 18 and Party Short cab ASR June 18.   

I am still relatively new at this, but I am beginning to think the three and a half year mark is what is needed for many of my smokes to reach prime time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, ohbob976 said:

I didn’t realize 2018 had such a bad reputation. I thought 2016 and 17 were rough years and quality started to come around mid-late 2018. 

Your statement is correct.

Though I have to say, I'm diving in 2017 and I've noticed that they are coming around.  I've been surprised how they have come into their own 4 years later.

2016 was a train wreck.

• Like 1

Dealing with a mid-2018 box of Monte PE that is my most ‘off’ ever experienced — 95% tannic ash/dirt, only 5% typical Monte flavor. Whats your move? I have revisited every 6-9 months with no improvement. Now wondering if these just go down for 2-3 yrs without touching them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 7/8/2021 at 8:32 PM, Lrabold89 said:

Blah…it’s just sort of blahhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is kind of where I'm at, I wish i could wave a wand and turn it into 2019/2020 date codes 😂

The Punch DC (UGO NOV 18) is the best cigar I've ever had. After 4 of them, I have put a once every 6 month moratorium on them. I'll keep you posted on their development...

• Like 3