They were good days indeed!

18 hours ago, cgoodrich said:

My HP-15C from tech school in 1984. I asked my parents to buy this as my only Christmas gift, set them back $120; a lot of money for them. Still use it regularly, faster then using my phone or computer. 

Uses RPN (Reverse Polish Notation) for calculation entry. How many out there know how much better that is than the TI-55…?

F7A43D48-0B7C-46D9-AD2E-42192988B7F5.jpeg

In our business the 12C financial version has been used forever but my BA II+ is tons easier to use.  That reverse logic entry system is messed up.  Calculator is great at coming up with a mortgage payment but it's a bitch to add 2 numbers.

• Haha 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sad to think that many of you have missed this era     ...if you have never rocked a transistor radio....you haven't lived.         

ah Bo Derek. 80's icon.         

we both know that is a lie. neither of us have the technical ability to work a pocket calculator. 

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

This is going to the charity shop/dump today.

19FEDC0B-CA9E-496F-B74E-F9C303C3C509.jpeg.46c5ca53e066f4bef0ea659c13c041aa.jpeg

I had one of those! Threw it away a long time ago. I also had one of the metal frame tennis rackets like this one...

Function, Form and Fashion

Both wooden and metal rackets were originally my uncle's, which he gave to me when I was young. The metal one is probably still here somewhere in the warehouse. Upgraded to a lighter Emrik aluminum racket a few years later when I was in high school. Funny thing is, I have only played 4 games of tennis in my life.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I had one of those! Threw it away a long time ago. I also had one of the metal frame tennis rackets like this one...

Function, Form and Fashion

Both wooden and metal rackets were originally my uncle's, which he gave to me when I was young. The metal one is probably still here somewhere in the warehouse. Upgraded to a lighter Emrik aluminum racket a few years later when I was in high school. Funny thing is, I have only played 4 games of tennis in my life.

The wooden racket with the anti-warp frame I think came from Africa with my wife. I remember them when I was a kid though. Then the metal rackets. I now have a fancy graphite thing with a matte finish and no stickers or labelling on it at all. It's like Batman's tennis racket. I got it a tennis club where it was on sale by mistake after they got it on trial from a distributor. That was the day, we as a family, all got new rackets and a case to hold the four of them, balls etc. Then we played for about 20 minutes. The end.

• Haha 2

Hah everyone here is old! Well, older than me it seems.

All my memories from the 70s are of hand me down banana seat bikes, roller skates, wizard of Oz soundtrack, star trek phaser toy, an atari, and my first computer- a trs 80 with tape drive. 

• Like 1

I have a still working 1981 Galaxian 2 electronic game. Need to take it apart and clean up the contacts as the buttons are a little iffy after 40 years. But the screen is still bright and the music plays just as I remember it.

Also have a 1982 Donkey Kong and Oil Panic dual screen games. I know they work, but don't have any button batteries for them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Nino said:

We still have them in Germany - more modern but still around. Have one across the street from me... wanna pics ?

🙂

And I thought every place was just like the USA!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, joeypots said:

When's the last time anyone saw one of these?

?image.png.b5790b63fa6cd768d712dfb100fb0436.png

I saw one about 4 years ago in a New Orleans dive bar (it was grungy even by local standards). Not sure if it’s still the case as I haven’t been in a number of years, but in Japan cigarette vending machines used to be everywhere, often paired with an alcohol vending machine.