Is it okay to burn the cigar right away without stabilization?

hi

Is it okay to burn the cigar ordered by FOH right away? Or do I need to stabilize it further? Then how long would be appropriate? 30 days? 60 days? 90 days?

Welcome to FOH. Stick around, read past posts and observe. Many of your questions will be answered. 
enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you feel like having one right away go for it. I think you’ll find with 60 or 90 days they will be better. Not always but usually. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the folks here conducted a little experiment on this subject not long ago and found their newly received cigars smoked better the longer they kept them. 

Regardless, my last FOH order, which I received in 2 weeks, came in perfect condition. Being that I haven't stepped in a b&m in decades, these were the best I've had delivered (even considered previous FOH orders) and had no issues lighting up. Especially since the punch short de punch were from 2019.

Light em up! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I myself tried ROTT once with H. Upmann Anejados Robustos before, but it had too much of bitterness with one dimensional flavor profile as well as wonky burn. So, I've always let 24:24 CCs have a nap for minimum 90 days in order to puff'em at their best.

Here's the FOHrensics : 60 Day Transition Thread: Evolution of R&J Churchills and Monte 2 post, which was ROTT vs Resting Period experiment done a year ago. Hope that this post will help you to seek the answer 😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

저도 전에 H. Upmann Anejados Robustos와 함께 ROTT를 한 번 시도했지만, 1차원적인 풍미 프로파일과 퍽퍽한 화상으로 쓴맛이 너무 강했습니다. 그래서 저는 항상 24:24 CC가 최상의 컨디션을 유지하기 위해 최소 90일 동안 낮잠을 자도록 했습니다.

FOHrensics: 60 Day Transition Thread: Evolution of R&J Churchills and Monte 2 게시물은 1년 전에 ROTT vs Resting Period 실험이었습니다. 이 포스팅이 답을 찾는데 도움이  되길 바랍니다 😃

Thank you so much for tagging the post related to the experiment. That would be a lot of help!

• Like 1

I leave them down for 30 days, but only because I’m lazy and superstitious...

• Like 1

Go for it, I haven't got the best experiences with it, but you'll never know if you don't try. The shop I buy stores them at a high rh to my liking for CC, a month at my preferred rh is setting them down nicely.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29 met Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

30일동안 놔두는데 게으르고 미신이라서...

That's right. It's very difficult to wait for more than 30 days while having a good CC days.

1 hour ago, DanWil84 said:

해봐, 나는 그것에 대한 최고의 경험을 얻지 못했지만 시도하지 않으면 결코 알지 못할 것입니다. 내가 사는 상점은 CC에 대한 내 취향에 따라 높은 rh에 저장하고 내가 선호하는 rh에서 한 달 동안 멋지게 설정합니다.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29가 Tapatalk를 만났습니다.

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

1 hour ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

도박을 하기에는 너무 많은 비용이 듭니다.

최소 90일.

1순위는 6개월에서 1년이 좋습니다.

It is true that it costs a lot.
So I'm thinking of having a good time regardless of this.

Thank you.

Cigars are for pleasure.  If you like smoking the cigar ROTT; nothing wrong with that.  Many on this forum have enough cigars where they can show some restraint when they get a new box, but that's not 100% the time.

• Like 4

I would add this: Got a 10 ct. box of Media Luna off of clearance a couple of weeks ago. The wrappers seemed somewhat veiny and just not appealing. 2 weeks down in my humi cab, smoothing out and almost attractive. Let’s see what another month brings...

9 hours ago, PigFish said:

I think this pretty much...

Don’t listen to him! He’s a swine!!!

Sorry, Pig. My favorite line from “A Hard Day’s Night...”

1 hour ago, Chas.Alpha said:

I would add this: Got a 10 ct. box of Media Luna off of clearance a couple of weeks ago. The wrappers seemed somewhat veiny and just not appealing. 2 weeks down in my humi cab, smoothing out and almost attractive. Let’s see what another month brings...

Don’t listen to him! He’s a swine!!!

Sorry, Pig. My favorite line from “A Hard Day’s Night...”

Been called worse by better people image.png.0cf7ef995fe425678e169d6f18d9eb7c.png

-LOL

-the pig