Fun Do-It-Yourself Cigar Case Project

5 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

That is massive overkill and I love it!  Excellent work!  What did you use to cut the foam?

I used a very slender, very sharp knife. Worked well enough but could have been a bit cleaner cut. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

That is massive overkill and I love it!  Excellent work!  What did you use to cut the foam?

Some brands have the foam precut into squares so you decide the area you need and simply pluck the squares out. Voila. That's makes this even easier.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Meesterjojo said:

Some brands have the foam precut into squares so you decide the area you need and simply pluck the squares out. Voila. That's makes this even easier.

These were precut rectangles.  It was a bit odd.  I could have plucked them to make any shape I wanted but there was no depth control.  If I wanted to make small 'pocket' for something thin, I needed to cut it and trim the cutout and insert it back into the foam.

If I can find true 'cubed' foam, I may give the inserts another shot.

** EDIT:  Just watch a video and all the pluck foam comes this way.  The 'depth' is adjusted by cutting the 'plucked' piece and reinserting it.  I guess I used a knife instead of plucking.

48 minutes ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

These were precut rectangles.  It was a bit odd.  I could have plucked them to make any shape I wanted but there was no depth control.  If I wanted to make small 'pocket' for something thin, I needed to cut it and trim the cutout and insert it back into the foam.

If I can find true 'cubed' foam, I may give the inserts another shot.

** EDIT:  Just watch a video and all the pluck foam comes this way.  The 'depth' is adjusted by cutting the 'plucked' piece and reinserting it.  I guess I used a knife instead of plucking.

Look for gun cases online. That's how I know about them. Pelican makes several. I think the other brand is mtm, maybe Plano. 

• Like 1