Fun Do-It-Yourself Cigar Case Project


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

That is massive overkill and I love it!  Excellent work!  What did you use to cut the foam?

I used a very slender, very sharp knife. Worked well enough but could have been a bit cleaner cut. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

That is massive overkill and I love it!  Excellent work!  What did you use to cut the foam?

Some brands have the foam precut into squares so you decide the area you need and simply pluck the squares out. Voila. That's makes this even easier.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Meesterjojo said:

Some brands have the foam precut into squares so you decide the area you need and simply pluck the squares out. Voila. That's makes this even easier.

These were precut rectangles.  It was a bit odd.  I could have plucked them to make any shape I wanted but there was no depth control.  If I wanted to make small 'pocket' for something thin, I needed to cut it and trim the cutout and insert it back into the foam.

If I can find true 'cubed' foam, I may give the inserts another shot.

 

** EDIT:  Just watch a video and all the pluck foam comes this way.  The 'depth' is adjusted by cutting the 'plucked' piece and reinserting it.  I guess I used a knife instead of plucking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

These were precut rectangles.  It was a bit odd.  I could have plucked them to make any shape I wanted but there was no depth control.  If I wanted to make small 'pocket' for something thin, I needed to cut it and trim the cutout and insert it back into the foam.

If I can find true 'cubed' foam, I may give the inserts another shot.

 

** EDIT:  Just watch a video and all the pluck foam comes this way.  The 'depth' is adjusted by cutting the 'plucked' piece and reinserting it.  I guess I used a knife instead of plucking.

Look for gun cases online. That's how I know about them. Pelican makes several. I think the other brand is mtm, maybe Plano. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.