Fake Cohiba Siglo VI???

rvd_mark

Hi all, what a informative forum I have found while scouring the web to check if my box of Siglo VI (box of 25) were real.  I thoroughly enjoyed Trevor2118 breakdown of what makes a fake cigar and what to look out for (i even printed out a hard copy to read on my break).  I recently bought a box of Siglo VI from someone, I verified the serial number via Habanos Verification site(when it was working), checked the seal with a UV light and also checked the cigar band with UV light as well.  I even checked the micro serial number on the seal which matches.  What concerns me is the serial is missing from the cigar band when using the UV light.  I bought the cigar box to 2 cigar lounges and they think its a real deal - one even tried a cigar and said yes it was indeed real Cuban Cohiba.  What are your thoughts - I'll attached some pics as well. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.  

I also have a box of Behike 56 which I will post at a later time.  Thank you all.    

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

I am not an expert by any means, but the box code does not look right.  

The font is wrong, Code is four characters, etc.

Also, the band, the head is not centered within the white background.

Doesn't look good.

• Like 1

Box code is definitely BS so even if everything else seems right, it can't be.  Plus the cigar doesn't have the golden hue of Siglo VI (which could be lighting I know).  My opinion is: it's not a Siglo VI.  This legit one is on my hit list for today. 😁

IMG_1336.JPEG.3b176a409b2136b9a0f26ddb41f5a7ac.JPEG

• Like 3

Definitely 100% Fake. I don't even understand why anybody is on the fence?

There are at least a half dozen items that, taken alone, would make it clear. Add them all up and its as obvious as possible. Cohiba come in all shades of wrapper(like every Cuban Cigar), so that's just not a reliable indicator. Fortunately this cigar and box are clearly fake regardless of wrapper color/quality.  

@rvd_mark Maybe your next post should be in the new member intro forum? Linked Here: https://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/forum/6-newbie-introductions/

We love providing members with advice to avoid buying/smoking fakes, but we dont like providing fakers tips to improve their game. Hence why I didn't list all the things wrong with the boxes/cigars.

• Like 3

Thank you all very much for the advise, it was very much appreciated.  Corylax18, I will definitely check out link you sent me.  I have an overseas trip coming up so I'll definitely hit the duty shop and be safe.   

• Like 1

As mentioned, counterfeit. The three white squares under the chin/throat should not touch the white surround of the Taíno head. The hair knot for the pony tail is too wide. The security seal usually covers the transit stamp. The factory code is 4 characters, should be three. The magnified serial number on the security seal appears like a photo copy. 
if you have a 10x power of better magnifying glass or loupe, you should see micro printing in the Taíno heads in the gold bands if authentic.

The UV light should show a number on the back of the band. See picture.

i’ve seen this box on another interweb forum and it was discussed as counterfeit.

FDFF4C2F-3569-4F05-B50B-8BCB690B9D93.jpeg

• Like 2

On 7/19/2021 at 8:39 PM, Mickey D said:

As mentioned, counterfeit. The three white squares under the chin/throat should not touch the white surround of the Taíno head. The hair knot for the pony tail is too wide. The security seal usually covers the transit stamp. The factory code is 4 characters, should be three. The magnified serial number on the security seal appears like a photo copy. 
if you have a 10x power of better magnifying glass or loupe, you should see micro printing in the Taíno heads in the gold bands if authentic.

The UV light should show a number on the back of the band. See picture.

i’ve seen this box on another interweb forum and it was discussed as counterfeit.

FDFF4C2F-3569-4F05-B50B-8BCB690B9D93.jpeg

Man, I was just on alibaba and the bands they offer now have the blacklight text...horrible days.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Meesterjojo said:

Man, I was just on alibaba and the bands they offer now have the blacklight text...horrible days.

Wow, I just checked that out. That’s scary. 

• 2 years later...

Bought a fake Cohiba Siglo VI in St. Kitts on a cruise.  Here are some photos showing the fake one (on left) and a real one (on right).  Almost impossible to identify without ultraviolet light.  UV light also shows a number on the back of the label.  The cigar holder appears to be an exact replica, or it might actually be real.

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/4/2024 at 3:05 PM, bjrnetdotcom said:

Almost impossible to identify without ultraviolet light

There are ALOT of red flags on the fake one. Ones that are easily identifiable without UV light. Stick to the certified habanos retailers and you should be good. Any Cohiba priced where your jaw doesn't drop is almost certainly a fake. Just my two cents. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 7/19/2021 at 11:32 PM, Corylax18 said:

We love providing members with advice to avoid buying/smoking fakes, but we don't like providing fakers tips to improve their game. Hence why I didn't list all the things wrong with the boxes/cigars.

I've been reading here and wondering why there can be a lack of "let me walk you through this".