Which cigar is delivering the most unique flavour for you right now?

I had a PM overnight describing a cigar in a certain matter which made me smile. No doubt he will jump on this thread and give his opinion. 

It got me thinking. 

Which cigar is consistently delivering the most unique flavour for you right now?

Which cigar/s....what unique flavours?

I’m not sure if I am on-base with the question, but I’ve found the recent Partagas have had a bit of licorice to them. Something I am definitely not used to from the earlier versions. However, if you are asking what cigar is giving something almost indescribable, the (recent) larger Bolivars have something to them that I wouldn’t say was leather, but more the taste of being on a fast horse at full gallop...

I hope this helps, or at least doesn’t hurt.

• Like 2

I'll be interested to hear other people and follow up with a purchase, as i currently don't have anything in my humidor which is out of the ordinary in terms of flavours...

Czars have sent me some crackers recently including some Monte 4s with meaty cocoa, and Quai d'Orsay full of cedar with gingerbread and cinnamon touches, but these are "just" great examples of the respective marca as opposed to unique / out of the ordinary flavours? (not sure if that's what you mean Rob).

In the past decade or so I remember very unique Vegas Robaina Clasicos with an amazing ligero kick, colorado claro El Rey del Mundo robustos with lemon and honey, very young Trinidad Reyes with thick viscous sweet smoke then aging into graham cracker cedary delight, and young Juan Lopez no.1s full of vanilla, decade old La Gloria Cubana no.1s with citrus and gingerbread, etc etc ... but right now, nothing unique or surprising!!

Help me out people 😉

• Like 2

This is the kind of question I'll answer differently depending on when you ask. Aside from Punch 8-9-8, I'll say recent production BRC always strike me as very distinct, even if they're not regular smokes for me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, patrickamory said:

These Saint Luis Rey Regios GOB NOV 20 deliver a wave of tangy unpasteurized yogurt and bruised fennel seed on top of the usual cafe au lait white pepper. I have another box of GOB JUL 20 that I hope are just as good, because I am demolishing these!

:party:

I know they’re not readily available, or at least not inexpensively, but I haven’t had anything quite as unique as a Punch Mantua in some time. I can’t really describe it from memory, but there’s some very pleasant aromatic spices that I’ve never experienced before in a cigar.

• Like 2

Recent JL2s have been delivering flavors that I can’t describe.  Unlike any other Cuban in my collection.  It’s somewhere between fruity and floral, and neither of those are correct.  Either way I’ve been enjoying my last 2 boxes quite a bit.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Monterey said:

I want to say the most "unique" would be the SP Belicosos. 

That's a good one. The SP profile is pretty distinct. 

I think the QdO 50/54 are pretty unmistakable. 

I'd include JL S1/S2 as well. 

7 hours ago, patrickamory said:

These Saint Luis Rey Regios GOB NOV 20

I've been hearing some very interesting things about recent Regios. I have a 6er arriving in a few days and I'm looking forward to seeing what they deliver. Your description is, well, fascinating.

7 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I had a PM overnight describing a cigar in a certain matter which made me smile. No doubt he will jump on this thread and give his opinion. 

It got me thinking. 

Which cigar is consistently delivering the most unique flavour for you right now?

Which cigar/s....what unique flavours?

pedantic it might be but how can one cigar deliver a more unique flavour than another? something is either unique or it is not. there are no degrees. 

yes, pedantic but it is an endless irritant. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

how can one cigar deliver a more unique flavour than another?

Maybe "unique" wasn't the optimal word. Distinct might have been more accurate. 

Glad we cleared that up. 

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

pedantic it might be but how can one cigar deliver a more unique flavour than another? something is either unique or it is not. there are no degrees. 

yes, pedantic but it is an endless irritant. 

Saul Goodman for the defence, Your Honour.  The defendant's statement is not to be read as "most unique / flavour", but "most / unique flavour".  He was interested in how much of a particular unique flavour a cigar delivers.  A smidgen of momo peach?  Or, as the defendant has been heard countless times to have said, lashings of momo peach?  He was not asking for degrees of uniqueness.  Nor was he interested in the relative magnitudes of common flavours like chocolate or leather.  Most / unique flavour, Your Honour.  With that, we ask that the claim be dismissed, with costs. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SirVantes said:

Saul Goodman for the defence, Your Honour.  The defendant's statement is not to be read as "most unique / flavour", but "most / unique flavour".  He was interested in how much of a particular unique flavour a cigar delivers.  A smidgen of momo peach?  Or, as the defendant has been heard countless times to have said, lashings of momo peach?  He was not asking for degrees of uniqueness.  Nor was he interested in the relative magnitudes of common flavours like chocolate or leather.  Most / unique flavour, Your Honour.  With that, we ask that the claim be dismissed, with costs. 

nice try but sorry, not a chance. black letter law rules here. this was simply vexatious litigation at best. case dismissed. there shall be no appeal. 

• Haha 2

My D4s from the Golden box are absolutely unique to me. Perfumed musk, leather, spices, and then flowers.

I wonder if it's just hand lotion? I'm totally good with it if so.

These punch short de punch I got off 24:24 are something new to me. Creamy and thick. I see people say peanut butter, but I dislike peanut butter and am struggling to describe it.

Fonseca No.1  - potpourri flavors that are totally unique to me in the current Habanos portfolio.  One of my favorite production cigars for little bit now.