Which cigar is delivering the most unique flavour for you right now?

21 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:
I’m not sure if I am on-base with the question, but I’ve found the recent Partagas have had a bit of licorice to them. Something I am definitely not used to from the earlier versions. However, if you are asking what cigar is giving something almost indescribable, the (recent) larger Bolivars have something to them that I wouldn’t say was leather, but more the taste of being on a fast horse at full gallop...
I hope this helps, or at least doesn’t hurt.

I would agree with you on the recent larger Bolivars. The BBF is my favorite as I find it the most flavorful Bolivar and am a big fan of the belicosos, torpedoes and piramides shaped vitolas to begin with

21 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:
Unique as in nothing else like it ?

There ain’t nothing tasting like a sir Winston that’s for sure

Just had my first one ever, a 2013, that I was very generously gifted along with some other incredible, high end smokes, and can definitely see why they are so popular and well regarded.

A bit mild, but still tasty the first half, then really picked up to a medium or medium-full in the second half and with a noticeable change in flavor.

And excellent smoke in every regard.
Plan to pick up a few more in a private sale in a couple months when its time for my "higher end" cc's order

21 hours ago, patrickamory said:
These Saint Luis Rey Regios GOB NOV 20 deliver a wave of tangy unpasteurized yogurt and bruised fennel seed on top of the usual cafe au lait white pepper. I have another box of GOB JUL 20 that I hope are just as good, because I am demolishing these!

A hidden gem it seems to me. They are great smokes but seem to get little mention anywhere.

Just had an excellent as usual one the other day

TLU Oct 2020 Trinidad Media Lunas, after two months of rest, have started tasting like either movie popcorn or, at the very least, the fake butter from movie popcorn. Not sure if I enjoy it, as I am not a fan of either. But I haven't encountered it until now. Quite interesting.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

In settling some previous debate on what the topic really is about, I proffer... make the topic what you want it to be about!!!

For me, I recently opened a 2015 box of RASCC. Really unique? If you consider they are packed firm, don't tunnel, taste great (all that I have currently smoked), then yes, they are unique in that they are consistently excellent cigars!

Cheers! -Piggy

• Like 2

I mostly smoke CCs so lets get that out of the way right now...but as far as most unique flavors go I have to say the Tatuaje Escasos line and the "H" vitola in particular.  From what I understand they are using a corojo wrapper on this cigar which is somewhat a change of pace for Tatuaje and it really brings some vibrant flavors to the cigar.  It is so very different than a good CC but also very different from all of the nicotine bombs that permeate the NC landscape these days.  it is blended very smoothly but packed with flavor...I am not good with pointing out specific flavors because I really feel those descriptions can be contaminated by so many surface features of a cigar...but the escasos have this thing going on that is all their own...maybe what most might call "toasty, buttery, nutty"...I would describe as rich medium smooth...anyhow I highly recommend trying them...even if you are strictly a CC smoker.  My only fault with the cigar is that it does leave the pallet dry...so a good drink to go along with it is vital IMO. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Monterey said:

I want to say the most "unique" would be the SP Belicosos.  Salted caramel.

One of those cigars that in a blind tasting I'm pretty sure I could identify.

Spot on with the Sancho. Taste liked they were dipped in sea salt. Then a woody finish. Nothing else quite like these cigars. Definitely an acquired taste at first, but then a total love affair!

• Like 1

A box of SLR Regios MOE JUL15 I recently opened has taken earthiness to another level. Not the normal earthy flavor I find in Bolivar and Montecristo, these cigars have terroir. I get a beautiful rich earthy flavor that tastes like the soil this tobacco was grown in. I’m used to getting this flavor from a great wine, but I can’t ever remember getting such a flavor from a cigar. And there’s a red sticker on the box, so thank you Rob!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cigaraholic said:

A box of SLR Regios MOE JUL15 I recently opened has taken earthiness to another level. Not the normal earthy flavor I find in Bolivar and Montecristo, these cigars have terroir. I get a beautiful rich earthy flavor that tastes like the soil this tobacco was grown in. I’m used to getting this flavor from a great wine, but I can’t ever remember getting such a flavor from a cigar. And there’s a red sticker on the box, so thank you Rob!

Are these cigars mild or medium bodied? They sound intriguing. 

9 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Fonseca No.1  - potpourri flavors that are totally unique to me in the current Habanos portfolio.  One of my favorite production cigars for little bit now.

Cracked a box a couple of weeks ago after a few years rest. I think your description is spot on. 

Big Al 

Another vote for Sancho. I never had a cigar that tasted like sea salt and sandalwood. Didn't like it at first but then grew on me. I found them good with light spirts and afternoon smoking but that's just me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I interpret the question as being, “which cigar would you feel is the most likely to be identified in a blind tasting contest?” I’d have to go with the SP, with RyJ Belicoso and Sir Winston in hot pursuit.

9 minutes ago, foursite12 said:

I interpret the question as being, “which cigar would you feel is the most likely to be identified in a blind tasting contest?” I’d have to go with the SP, with RyJ Belicoso and Sir Winston in hot pursuit.

again, an excellent way to put it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sancho Panza no.2, light whisky in the afternoon sun, I concur sir (and have finished a box that way, also the odd one on my annual hack around the golf course). I've found the Punch Punch to be competent (but different - cedar and cloves) in the same context.