If you had to choose 3 of these 4...

Just now, smbauerllc said:

The beginning of every month.
My budget is everything I have left after paying bills, so its not a chosen amount

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If this is a splurge, my thoughts are sdpx2 and Culebra. If it's a maintenance buy, or you're looking for something to put down for a while I'd reiterate that PLPC are smoking pretty well right now and 50 can be had within your budget. In the alternative someone suggested a box of robust for 225 to 250 and the sdp for 35 sticks, albeit of more versatility than I think your list provides. 

7 hours ago, dominattorney said:
If this is a splurge, my thoughts are sdpx2 and Culebra. If it's a maintenance buy, or you're looking for something to put down for a while I'd reiterate that PLPC are smoking pretty well right now and 50 can be had within your budget. In the alternative someone suggested a box of robust for 225 to 250 and the sdp for 35 sticks, albeit of more versatility than I think your list provides. 

Not a splurge, its the usual amount I spend each month.

Just my first box order in 8 years since I haven't been set up for them until now

Partly a maintenance buy, and I have no plans to do any aging

7 hours ago, dominattorney said:

The 50 cabs of PLPC's are a good bargain, but I like a lot of variety in my stash, so don't really want 50 of one thing.

Hoping to get 3 boxes of different things

If you buy a nice 50ct box of PLPC one month, and a nice 50ct box of Partagas Shorts another... you have some variety and a lot of good cigars for about USD 660.

If you're after value for money then those two are the tops for me along with PLMC. 

Then many of the Petit Coronas are good value too: Monte #4, RyJ Mille Fleurs, Bolivar PC and RGPC.

But, one reason these are good value is they make a lot, so you have to get a good box... so buy from Rob. 

Then for a bigger smoke you have many Robusto / Hermoso #4 all at around USD250 for 25.

Wildcard: Punch Punch.

• Like 1

If you buy a nice 50ct box of PLPC one month, and a nice 50ct box of Partagas Shorts another... you have some variety and a lot of good cigars for about USD 660.
If you're after value for money then those two are the tops for me along with PLMC. 
Then many of the Petit Coronas are good value too: Monte #4, RyJ Mille Fleurs, Bolivar PC and RGPC.
But, one reason these are good value is they make a lot, so you have to get a good box... so buy from Rob. 
Then for a bigger smoke you have many Robusto / Hermoso #4 all at around USD250 for 25.
Wildcard: Punch Punch.

Yeah, instead of helping you all have just made the decision harder,lol

• Like 1

You are welcome. 😎

But I agree with everyone here saying: go for quality above everything. Obviously the smaller vitolas keep the price down.

Also: get stuck into the nudies when they are released! Great value.

I love me some 50 cabs, PLPC or Party Shorts are a good shout if you already know you like them. 

What vitolas do you like? If you like the smaller cigars you can more easily (or rather more cost effectively) diversify, obviously. 

6 hours ago, RDB said:
You are welcome. 
But I agree with everyone here saying: go for quality above everything. Obviously the smaller vitolas keep the price down.
Also: get stuck into the nudies when they are released! Great value.

To me, they are all quality smokes, with the Delicias being an unknown yet as I have only had the Cosacos and no.1's and enjoyed them as well.

Just got a few Delicias yesterday that I will try before committing to a box

5 hours ago, Tdm_86 said:
I love me some 50 cabs, PLPC or Party Shorts are a good shout if you already know you like them. 

What vitolas do you like? If you like the smaller cigars you can more easily (or rather more cost effectively) diversify, obviously. 

I prefer Robusto, belicosos, torpedoes and piramides mainly, but for a box I would only be able to get one 25ct box of something.

I don't shy away from any vitola really though. As long as it tastes good I'm happy

Took the majorities advice about quality vs quantity and will be getting 10 Cohiba Coronas Especiales in a box split and a 25ct box of Fonseca Delicias, so getting a little bit of both quality and quantity.

I like Fonsecas, and hard to beat for the price imho.

Also I have never noticed any difference between short, mixed and long filler

• Like 1

Nice.  A cheap and cheerful that I would keep on your radar is the RGPC.  I enjoy every one and feel they have solid value.  

Are you in the US?  Have a mailing address?  Send me a PM and I’ll put a little something together for you.  Cubans only or are you open to some Non-cuban selections? 

Consider this a thank you for your service from a “young” BOTL who never wore the uniform.  Thanks.  

Id leave the Culebras, as I enjoy all 3 of the other selections.  There was quite a few boxes of aged Delicias going around for a while, and i found them to be excellent; very sweet & floral.  The Culebras never grabbed my attention enough to warrant throwing down the coin.  I think Monte 4 & short de Punch speak for themselves.

Got any examples of 10ct boxes in the same price range? I'm all for other suggestions

RyJ Short Churchills and PSD5 both come in 10ct boxes and are in the same ball park as the Punch in price.

RyJ Short Churchills and PSD5 both come in 10ct boxes and are in the same ball park as the Punch in price.
Cool, thanks.
Hadn't seen them.

Haven't used or even really browsed this particular vendor before, but they are commonly used and have a good reputation so decided to check them out.

Have a pretty nice supply of 10ct boxes which is great.

In fact, just used them for my first box order.

Split a box of Cohiba Coronas Especiales and got a full box of the Delicias, as I have really enjoyed the couple I was given to try out before buying a box.

So got a combo of quality and quantity, although I personally don't feel fonsecas are lacking in quality, especially for the price

Pretty happy with my first order.

Next month will pick up a few 10ct boxes, or possibly do another split and get a 10ct box of something.

Have found a couple members on other forums who are interested in double more box splits and some trades, so that's cool