H. Upmann Magnum 50 - GEL JUL 20 (OYMRW2)

2 hours ago, ChangBang said:

Nice review, I plan on smoking one tonight!  How was the draw?  1hr and 12min sounds quicker than I'd imagine

It was definitely a lot quicker than I expected, I had planned for an almost 2 hour smoke. 

It felt a bit light but not noticeably under filled. The draw was on the looser side of ideal but not wind tunnel like for sure. 

I’m currently smoking a non Cuban lancero and am coming up on over 1.5 hours now, so I’m not a particularly fast smoker normally. 

1 hour ago, KavalanWhisky said:

Never been a fan of the Mag 50 until I smoke 2020 stock, its so tasty, great review!

I've heard that every year since 2017. I try one every year and it's as airy and bland as ever. I've surrendered. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I've heard that every year since 2017. I try one every year and it's as airy and bland as ever. I've surrendered. 

Sorry to hear, I've never found a good one 2016-19 but this year was different.

I tended to find the 46 the best then 54.

Have been sampling from a DIC 18 box and they have definitely been full flavored for me, and I'm the one that will smoke a BBF with my morning coffee!  Maybe it was the vitola but it definitely felt like it packed some oomph to it.  I have to sample another one now!! 

20 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Totally agreed. These tasted to me like they were just filled with a ton of bland, one dimensional filler. Not for me. 

I'll keep smoking my Connie #1's until my last day and die happy!