I'm curious as to what everyone holds out for in terms of purchasing? For instance I love Double Coronas and my dream is to have a few 50 cabs of Lusis, Hoyos and Punch DCs. However I don't know if Punch DCs are still in production in 50 cabs but I know the other two are. I've been tempted at times to splurge on something else but I kept saving and then an online purveyor I trust finally had Lusi's in 50 cabs so I jumped on it. I'm now saving up and waiting for the same for a 50 cab of Hoyo DCs. Is there anyone else in this category? The only other things that would tempt me to jump off the ledge are Cohiba Lanceros, or Punch or Partagas 898s. The other thing I splurge on is a few limited/ regionals if I can find them in singles like the ERDM Kon Tiki and La Reina but a box is a little beyond my means at present. The other thing I'm saving for is a decent temp and humidity controlled humidor (a fortune in Aus if you can even find one). I wish I had the self control and interest to invest in shares or e-currency instead....  

• Like 2

Ehh I do what I can in order to sample first before going into a box, so grabbing singles or quarters when they come up.  This gives me the illusion of saving money lol.  Eventually I'd like to trim down and just stock up on winners.  If I like it then I wouldn't have too much of an issue splurging on a box considering it'll probably last years and cigar prices are only going to go up and that's if they don't get discontinued first!  Just think 1 month of eating only cup noodle vs 3+years of cigars...worth it.  Think of it as an investment 😉

In your situation, I'd def buy right away if I saw a cab of HDM or Punch's!  

• Like 1
Ehh I do what I can in order to sample first before going into a box, so grabbing singles or quarters when they come up.  This gives me the illusion of saving money lol.  Eventually I'd like to trim down and just stock up on winners.  If I like it then I wouldn't have too much of an issue splurging on a box considering it'll probably last years and cigar prices are only going to go up and that's if they don't get discontinued first!  Just think 1 month of eating only cup noodle vs 3+years of cigars...worth it.  Think of it as an investment 
In your situation, I'd def buy right away if I saw a cab of HDM or Punch's!  
Pretty similar for me, except I don't just buy singles or 3,4 and 5 packs just to sample before buying a box, my orders are usually made up of all multiple singles or 3,4 and 5 packs exclusively as I value having a wide variety of smokes in my stash.

Doing this lets me not have to smoke the same Cigar twice in a 2 month period unless I choose to.

Very nice having a few of many different marcas/vitolas available to choose from.

Plus, I haven't had any way to store boxes for about 8 years, until just recently when I got a nice, airtight 74qt container and heartfelt beads for finally being able to store boxes.

Just making my first order of boxes for it in about a week when I get my pension.

Will mainly be buying 10ct boxes as much as possible to keep more variety than ordering just 1, 25ct box of something.

Sadly, not a lot comes in 10ct boxes, so will be looking into finding people to do box splits with for future box purchases.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I always have funds stashed away for multi boxes when these pop up:

• Sir Winnies
  • Regional fiddy cabs + any 109
  • Aged Linea 1935
  • CoRo with 3+ years
  • Party Maduro
  • Panza Beli
  • Like 1

I’m still new to collecting, just under 3 years so I’m still trying to sample as much as possible.

So far I’ve been picking up boxes of pretty much all PC/HC’s and a few of the standard Robusto, D4, RASS etc. Other than that I try and grab quarter boxes of everything regular production when I get a chance and then singles of the higher end sticks from private sales.

There are a few exceptions I’d grab boxes of if I could but it’s more of a case of always missing out on 2424 rather than holding out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sir Winnies
  • Aged Linea 1935
  • CoRo with 3+ years
  • Party Maduro
  • Panza Beli

Curious your observations on Linea 1935 aging developments/changes? Love my younger box of Leyenda now and wonder whats in store for the future. Thx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
Just now, ReturnFreeRisk said:

Curious your observations on Linea 1935 aging developments/changes? Love my younger box of Leyenda now and wonder whats in store for the future. Thx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have boxes of all 3 going back the OG 17 release...the 17s are smoking a bit lighter, almost like a No. 2 with more complexity & no rough edges. The 18/19s are still very powerful, full-bore flourless chocolate cake w/ lot of dark spices.

I honestly think these will age effortlessly, they have the power & mouthfeel that the regular Monte line lacks.

• Like 3
  • Cohiba Esplendidos.  Could never find them in my trips to Havana.  And the online pricing just gets higher. 
  • Partagas 898.  Want more.
  • Italian Regionals. I don't get all of them, just the ones that appeal to me the most. 
  • 50 Cabs. Open to any that are left or a good discontinued one that is priced "reasonably"
  • Like 2

I wouldn’t say I hold out for anything, but I definitely have been doing regular checks for Esplendidos, Sir Winstons and Party 898’s. They’ve all been spotted recently, but man you’ve gotta be both lucky and quick these days!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tstew75 said:

• Sir Winnies
  • Aged Linea 1935
  • CoRo with 3+ years
  • Party Maduro
  • Panza Beli

I second that. I am not all that big on 50 however. I'm all in for sir winnies, monte especial, fundies, partagas maduros, and Cohiba genios

• Like 1

I've filled up a 120qt cooler over the past 12 months.  I am holding out for 2022 cigars.  I'll continue to try to win the Sir Winston lottery on 24:24, but I think i have enough 19/20/21 stock for now.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Tstew75 said:

• Sir Winnies
  • Aged Linea 1935
  • CoRo with 3+ years
  • Party Maduro
  • Panza Beli

Aged linea 1935? The entire line only hit the market 2 1/2 years ago.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

Aged linea 1935? The entire line only hit the market 2 1/2 years ago.

2017 rolled examples hit in early 18

I'm currently slowly saving for a 10ct box of QDO 50's for when someone has them back in stock again

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I keep trying for Sir Winnies but am always a few minutes too late. Maybe Hoyo DC or Escogidos if they turn up..

Soon I’ll be on the lookout for a nice box of something May 21. Maybe Coro and whatever else premium I can find to make the month of my son’s college graduation. Issue of course is the drop in production and increase in buyers. But I’m the hunt for something nice I can put away and dip into for significant events in his life over the next 10-20 years. The cigar apocalypse will be in full swing by October when those boxes would usually hit. Will be an interesting hunt. 

Not a lot of mention of the DCs. Love me some Hoyos or Lusitania these days. 

• Like 1