Humidor Brands/Models

Tstew75

I'm starting to do some research on cabinet humidors for myself & a collector friend & was wondering everyone's opinion of the best companies/models to look towards.  Hoping for something mid-high end.  I'm in the States if that matters-

Thanks in advance!

Purchased a DDD+ Avallo in April. This unit holds 75-100 boxes. Should take 7-9 months to finish (I’m expecting realistically a year) Price was about $2,100 but freight is about $615 (since I got this quote gas prices have skyrocketed so it could be $1,000). Avallo is second to aristocrat from I’ve read on the forum. Hope this helps. 

pic is a DDD unit from Matt at Avallo. There are different units and finishes available. 

02D1077B-3D8F-467F-B1D0-47D67857FE07.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm having a quote for a Vigilant being put together right now.  They look they produce quality cabinets, but I haven't heard much in terms of longevity and ease to maintain.  I kick myself as I could have gotten an Aristocrat for $1,500 about 5 months ago but it was gigantic and not exactly a style that suited my home. In retrospect, I could have lived with it but I doubt I would ever hear the end of it :)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fezztone said:

I'm having a quote for a Vigilant being put together right now.  They look they produce quality cabinets, but I haven't heard much in terms of longevity and ease to maintain.  I kick myself as I could have gotten an Aristocrat for $1,500 about 5 months ago but it was gigantic and not exactly a style that suited my home. In retrospect, I could have lived with it but I doubt I would ever hear the end of it :)

Nice!  I have one of their 1500 series end tables in progress right now:

https://store.vigilantinc.com/product/sentinel-1500-contemporary-cigar-humidor-end-table/

Expecting delivery toward the end of September.  Started working with them in late April on customizations - communication wasn't the best nor was it quick but we eventually got there.  The build got underway in late June. I did a fair bit of research and asked the handful of folks who have one at my local lounge.  Heard nothing but rave reviews on the product, so I jumped in.  Here are the deets of my build, in case anyone is interested.  Hoping it'll hold 50 boxes or so 🤔

• 1500 series, Contemporary style end table (19.5"W x 36" H x 25" D)
  • All mahogany with a custom starburst finish (to match a guitar that hangs close by)
  • Delete glass top and door insert
  • Delete sliding draw
  • Spanish cedar lined interior
  • 3 adjustable Spanish cedar shelves
  • Nickle finish knobs, hinges, legs
  • Digital humidity and temp system

Pricing looked like this:

• 3,140 - base cabinet price
  • 1,295 - custom finish
  • 210 - Spanish cedar interior and shelves
  • 798 - curbside delivery
  • 5,440 - total....ouch.

1 hour ago, Fezztone said:

$1500.00!!! I would have been all over at that price

2 hours ago, Digi said:

Nice!  I have one of their 1500 series end tables in progress right now:

https://store.vigilantinc.com/product/sentinel-1500-contemporary-cigar-humidor-end-table/

Expecting delivery toward the end of September.  Started working with them in late April on customizations - communication wasn't the best nor was it quick but we eventually got there.  The build got underway in late June. I did a fair bit of research and asked the handful of folks who have one at my local lounge.  Heard nothing but rave reviews on the product, so I jumped in.  Here are the deets of my build, in case anyone is interested.  Hoping it'll hold 50 boxes or so 🤔

• 1500 series, Contemporary style end table (19.5"W x 36" H x 25" D)
  • All mahogany with a custom starburst finish (to match a guitar that hangs close by)
  • Delete glass top and door insert
  • Delete sliding draw
  • Spanish cedar lined interior
  • 3 adjustable Spanish cedar shelves
  • Nickle finish knobs, hinges, legs
  • Digital humidity and temp system

Pricing looked like this:

• 3,140 - base cabinet price
  • 1,295 - custom finish
  • 210 - Spanish cedar interior and shelves
  • 798 - curbside delivery
  • 5,440 - total....ouch.

Thanks for the info!!

2 hours ago, KCCubano said:

$1500.00!!! I would have been all over at that price

I know.. I think of it often. Coulda Shoulda. 

Had a Aristocrat, Then when Bob retired from cabinet making. I purchased an Avallo. There is a huge gap in Quality between the two and probably even worse communication. I was given the time line of 5 months. And it ended up taking 9. Most people say its ok I can wait. But reality is when someone has your money(well half) you want what you are paying for.

Matt has a pretty impressive system for his humidity control. Although the canisters are kind of lame looking they work. And you had to put Velcro under to hold them in place. I had one spill over my bottom row. I did a write up thread on it on here. I ended up selling that one and now I am working on a new one with someone else. I will post pictures when I receive it. His timeline is 4-7 week range. So lets see. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Vigilant sent over photos from production this week!  Humidor is currently traveling cross country from New Hampshire to Seattle, due to arrive this week.  Very exciting!

38AD47B2-96E0-4056-9810-6D79B7422F96.jpeg

7ABBF863-15AE-4CAE-80A9-4EF273723DFB.jpeg

5B75AB8C-A4E6-4DB3-9F37-4A1577973224.jpeg

AEAB048A-D748-44A4-8B2D-D6CEB35A4C92.jpeg

• Like 3

On 8/22/2021 at 1:15 AM, Digi said:

Vigilant sent over photos from production this week!  Humidor is currently traveling cross country from New Hampshire to Seattle, due to arrive this week.  Very exciting!

38AD47B2-96E0-4056-9810-6D79B7422F96.jpeg

7ABBF863-15AE-4CAE-80A9-4EF273723DFB.jpeg

5B75AB8C-A4E6-4DB3-9F37-4A1577973224.jpeg

AEAB048A-D748-44A4-8B2D-D6CEB35A4C92.jpeg

beautiful unit my friend, enjoy it!

• Like 1