San Cristobal Muralla

Lunettesman

Hello everyone,

Need your expertise. A shop I discovered recently has some boxes of SC Muralla and proposed to sell me one. They look great. However, it's not a source I've dealt with so far. And I know the rule: know your source. Well... What raised my concern is that the green sticker is on the wooden box and not on the outside carton box. These are the picture I've and I don't have any with better quality.

What's your opinion on the box?

Thank you guys.

NB. The code barre number doesn't exist and it's written the shop instead on a sticker. Therefore, it's deleted not to show the shop.

eee.jpg

ddd.jpg

ccc.jpg

bb.jpg

aaa.jpg

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

I have a box of these, still with cardboard outer, buried in the back of a humidor. I'll dig them out tomorrow and post pictures. 

Appreciate buddy. 

6 hours ago, Meesterjojo said:

Do they put the labels like that on the lacquer boxes? I thought they put them on an outer box?

Does a blacklight show anything on the seal?

Is the barcode and number scratched off or does it look smooth and clean? 

I thought the label was usually kn the outer box. 

I didn't have a black light to check. 

The barcode has been replaced by the vendor s information (cut, removed, new sticker)

Something seems fishy. Are all the date and factory codes the same? 2011 was the transitional year for the new security stickers that had the micro printing of the barcode numbers. Can you make out where these are? ( lower right, upper right, center top)

5 hours ago, Mickey D said:

Something seems fishy. Are all the date and factory codes the same? 2011 was the transitional year for the new security stickers that had the micro printing of the barcode numbers. Can you make out where these are? ( lower right, upper right, center top)

Thanks for the answer. I don't know about the factory code neither do i know about the micro printing. Some 2011 have not the micro printing because it was a transitional year is it correct?

Pictures as promised. Sorry for the delay. At the beach with the kids today but I dug them out (the cigars) just now.

My warranty seal, though it is starting to come off, is on the cardboard outer only, but it is an '06 box and maybe they changed how they applied them by 2011. I'm not sure about that though.IMG_7522.JPG.3e6473a61b01ddd8fc0e44ad998e9250.JPGIMG_7524.JPG.d070f1af7846b881db6e852c54081c49.JPGIMG_7525.JPG.e06b1fbe12de97ea213b67c73aa1b541.JPGIMG_7526.JPG.7facc3da8ec3102b8432883aba945fd5.JPGIMG_7527.JPG.6ed7e4a07545f077cee371e5c32bc01a.JPG

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lunettesman said:

Thanks for the answer. I don't know about the factory code neither do i know about the micro printing. Some 2011 have not the micro printing because it was a transitional year is it correct?

A lot of excellent information here. Check out website.

6CDC79A5-7D1F-4488-AE8C-D179015C9B48.png

12 hours ago, Ryan said:

Pictures as promised. Sorry for the delay. At the beach with the kids today but I dug them out (the cigars) just now.

My warranty seal, though it is starting to come off, is on the cardboard outer only, but it is an '06 box and maybe they changed how they applied them by 2011. I'm not sure about that though.

Thanks sir

11 hours ago, Mickey D said:

A lot of excellent information here. Check out website.

Appreciate the help

The box code font isn't right. It's subtle but it's ever so slightly off.

That alone would make me run for the hills, let alone the warranty seal. The health warning sticker could have been legitimately affixed by the distributor or vendor I suppose.

And if the Habanos corner sticker isn't on Andy's box it shouldn't be on any box. And I can find no images of Muralla boxes ever having any stickers on them let alone the Habanos corner sticker. 

And is it just me or does it look like the Habanos sticker is baked into the varnish and not actually a sticker adhered to the top?

I'm smelling a rat on this one. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 8:32 AM, NSXCIGAR said:

The box code font isn't right. It's subtle but it's ever so slightly off.

That alone would make me run for the hills, let alone the warranty seal. The health warning sticker could have been legitimately affixed by the distributor or vendor I suppose.

And if the Habanos corner sticker isn't on Andy's box it shouldn't be on any box. And I can find no images of Muralla boxes ever having any stickers on them let alone the Habanos corner sticker. 

And is it just me or does it look like the Habanos sticker is baked into the varnish and not actually a sticker adhered to the top?

I'm smelling a rat on this one. 

Thanks for taking the time to tell me your opinion. Appreciate

4 minutes ago, Lunettesman said:

Thanks for taking the time to tell me your opinion. Appreciate

HTH.

One more thing--as I look at this again, I can't say I'm 100% sure the box code font is off. I've seen some in that era that had some variation. However I hadn't noticed before that the internal flyer in the box is not period correct. The one in the OP box is 2012-present. Obviously, it should be a 2007-2011 style flyer. So we have another discrepancy that adds to my suspicion on this box. 

• Like 1