Which cigar would you pick?

Good question. This would fall under a small, good smoke that you don't mind but finishing. A little tough. I would probably go with a PLPC. They smoke easily, last anyway from 45-75+ minutes, and are a good smoke. 

If I wanted to go the show-off route then CoRo or Behike would be my choice. 

• Like 2

Tough question--since most of the folks celebrating wouldn't know an outstanding smoke from a dog rocket....

I would probably go with a NC, Fuente Anejos.    Those are very consistent, are high quality with a good reputation, and are likely to be enjoyed by newer smokers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think I agree with OP. Medio Siglo would be a good choice. Brand, short smoke, good size. Great cigar.

The WC is decent choice too. Americans prefer big fat cigars no?

Would be to wasteful to handout Espi's or Sig6 etc. !

Nice to see cigars part of a celebration these days in the public eye.

They can't smoke inside though right?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ha_banos said:

I think I agree with OP. Medio Siglo would be a good choice. Brand, short smoke, good size. Great cigar.

The WC is decent choice too. Americans prefer big fat cigars no?

Would be to wasteful to handout Espi's or Sig6 etc. !

Nice to see cigars part of a celebration these days in the public eye.

They can't smoke inside though right?

LeBron was filmed lying on his back FaceTiming his mom, smoking a cigar, and was later at the post game press conference smoking a cigar, so I’m guessing after a title match, they get a bit of a free pass…

I’d agree for practical terms, A Cohiba Medio Siglo is a good choice for flash, smoke time and enjoyment.  But let’s be real, if you’re a star player on a Major sports league winning team, handing out Espys or Siglo VI is chump change.  Guess it depends on how big the team is, but a 50 cab of DCs would probably be appropriately flashy for the occasion.  Maybe Lusis in honor of MJ.

• Like 3

I would pick a short stubby cigar, a short or petit robusto of good quality. In case of Giannis if he would bought a box for giving when getting drafted he would have a nicely aged cigar!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29 met Tapatalk

• Like 1

Im just happy to see a legit box of CC's getting passed around in the photos, and not photos of players with some God-awful knock off Cohibas hanging out of their mouths.  RyJ in a Montesco vitola was a good choice IMHO...Little to no worries of draw issues, approachable to casual & non smokers, and credible enough to not draw much ire (outside of most American market cigar manufacturers) from those that would even pay attention to what was being handed out.  I would have went with something similar.  Maybe something special tucked aside for cigar enthusiasts on the team.  

• Like 1

I can't imagine any of those cigars being lit for very long or being lit at all. Especially when the champagne shower starts flying.

With what I went thru this weekend for "family" that came to the house? The Favoritos. Lots of history. My song to explain this would be Gypsy's in the Palace by Jimmy Buffett. My fellow parrot heads will get it. 😁

Lets just say lots of " his cuban cigars" were shared, The favs, Quinteros, RGPC's, just wish I had some JLP's. 😁 Don't judge., You haven't met these people. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Nevrknow said:

Quinteros, RGPC's, just wish I had some JLP's.

I normally share Vegueros Tapados with total newbies--easy on the budget, qualifies as their first Cuban, small enough that if they toss it after a few puffs no big deal, and most like it.     My other little trick--I smoke a well aged (five years plus) one--the newbies get ones from the newest tin....all Tapados are not created equal.    😀

• Like 1

For what this is worth; That isn’t a MINSAP warning label, near as I can see. No other box stickers from the country of import. I think these are “suspect”, to say the least...

On 7/26/2021 at 10:42 PM, Chas.Alpha said:

For what this is worth; That isn’t a MINSAP warning label, near as I can see. No other box stickers from the country of import. I think these are “suspect”, to say the least...

Probably grey market out of Spain. Can't tell the language of the warning stickers from the photo though.