Tossing around the QD 54?

I have a 54 from singles that I haven’t tried yet but I’ve enjoyed the 50’s. All that I’ve had have varied from pleasant to quite good. Bread, occasional citrus or cream, a little bit of tang. If you don’t like light bodied cigars or petit robustos you won’t like it, but if you don’t like those two attributes I’m not sure why you’d have one in the first place.

I read a lot of hype about the reinvigorated QDO brand and managed to snag a box of 54s this spring.  Was sooo excited when they arrived.  Beautiful dark oily wrappers.  Incredible, incredible aroma from the box - still the best I've smelled.  I smoked one after a couple months down and it was underwhelming.  Poor combustion and draw.  Bitter, tannic taste, but occasional cappuccino in there.  I still have high hopes for these guys, but I'm going to put them to sleep for a few years I think.

Any consensus on when these might come of age?

I've been a fan of QdO before the new offerings.  The No 50 to me fit in perfectly with the existing offerings. My first 54 was good. My 2nd and 3rd months later were amazing.  Definitely box worthy IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The box of 50s I have been going through are okay, but most are under-filled. I can smoosh them down as they warm and they improve slightly draw wise, but then 1/3rd of the cigar is missing. Pretty bland, hot, and bitter quickly. I have to remind myself to use a punch as a cutter opens it up way too much.

I purchased mine duty-free for 200 a box several years ago, I guess I cannot complain too much.

• Like 1

- a golden band and a beautiful wrappers for those who "love with their eyes";
- big ring and length, now this is a popular trend;
- a good blend for those who appreciate the taste of cigars.

It remains to raise the price to the level of Cohiba, so that the brand becomes finally elite...

• Like 1