Is FREEZING a good idea

Good afternoon all,

Some people are big fans of putting their CC's in the freezer for a week upon receipt.  I wanted to get your thoughts/experiences on this.  Thanks.

Did you get them on the Island? Then yes. Did you get them from the ONLY shop on the planet that has my full confidence and support? Then no.

Hope this helps...

• Like 1

While our fearless leader is encouraging you to take full avail of this marvelous forum and search (virtually) every question that has already been asked thru the years, I’ll save you some time, just this once...

Since 20xx, the Cubans have been freezing all exports. They do not, however, freeze anything that is sold on the island.

It won’t hurt your cigars either way, but look to the previous posts on the matter as to properly freeze them. Welcome to FOH!!!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Chas.Alpha said:

While our fearless leader is encouraging you to take full avail of this marvelous forum and search (virtually) every question that has already been asked thru the years, I’ll save you some time, just this once...

Since 20xx, the Cubans have been freezing all exports. They do not, however, freeze anything that is sold on the island.

It won’t hurt your cigars either way, but look to the previous posts on the matter as to properly freeze them. Welcome to FOH!!!

The claim is: "Since 2005 all Habanos have been frozen at the warehouse in Havana before the are release to the market," which includes domestic sales in Cuba.

1 minute ago, sho671 said:

The claim is: "Since 2005 all Habanos have been frozen at the warehouse in Havana before the are release to the market," which includes domestic sales in Cuba.

That may be true (or not), but from my understanding the problem is that on the island they're likely to be stored with custom rolls or otherwise in warm and humid conditions and get beetles that way.

For what it’s worth. Never had any bug issues coming from France, Germany or Australia. Had an issue with a box of Dip 2’s I brought back from Holland in 2014.

Cuba purchases, I always freeze...

I say “Freeze ‘em all!” Let the Almighty sort the little buggers out...

5 minutes ago, Bijan said:

That may be true (or not), but from my understanding the problem is that on the island they're likely to be stored with custom rolls or otherwise in warm and humid conditions and get beetles that way.

Correct. Which is completely different from: "the Cubans have been freezing all exports. They do not, however, freeze anything that is sold on the island" claim which is repeated without any evidence.

1 minute ago, sho671 said:

Correct. Which is completely different from: "the Cubans have been freezing all exports. They do not, however, freeze anything that is sold on the island" claim which is repeated without any evidence.

Absolutely correct. I should have said “it is my understanding that cigars sold on the island have not been frozen...” I freeze everything brought back from Cuba.