What's your favourite soundtrack... track?

the soundscape when Dirty Harry is seeking out the serial killer in the first movie - o wah a wah waaaaah. The good the bad and the ugly theme, pinging watch in Fistful of dollars, simple piano note in Godfather part 2 when hitman is going to kill the old dude in the hospital, the music soundscape when you first see Lee Van Cleef in GTBTU and also used by Tarantino when you first see Bill. First Kill Bill when Lucy Lou is walking down the corridor with the crazy 88's. Top Gun. America F$%k yeah! The ringing phone at the start of Once Upon a Time in America. The harmonica in Once Upon a Time in the West. Phsyco. Putting out fire with gasoline, Inglorious Basterds. Eye of the Tiger Rocky 3, Rocky theme #1 probably the best. Geez, I could keep on writing all day. Haven't even scratched the surface. Interesting post. ....oh and Shaft and.... cutting ear off song... and Chariots of fire... and Gallipoli... and Heat from the Heat movie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

Be it the most iconic, the one that impacted on you the most, the one that sticks in your head the most, the most cinematic, the one that accompanied the most memorable scene... whatever the case... what's your standout / favourite track from a movie soundtrack? If you can narrow it down to one... great... if not, give us a selection. :thumbsup:

Post up a clip if you can, too. :cigar:

For me, it's hard to go past what Tarantino and Uma Thurman conjured against Urge Overkill's cover of Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon. Great scene!

stood next to Uma at the Hotel Nacional one evening a while back. she does scrub up well. 

• Like 1

but to the topic, i assume all those others are merely contenders for the silver medal (although, as much as i detest tarantino, that scene was a cracker). 

how can you possibly beat the entire soundtrack to 'Blinded by the Light'? i could not stop grinning for a week after seeing that flick. even watching the trailer again has me with a stupid grin on the face.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MoeFOH said:

You took Mia Wallace out on a date?

That would be an extremely flexible definition of it.

She did help me win a competition. Ask rob – the only challenger was merls with saffy from abfab! And trust me, with bare feet, the old unshaven armpits etc, she does not scrub up quite so well as Uma.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fuzz said:

If you grew up in the 80's, I don't have to tell you what movie this came from....

fuzz, not only do you definitely have to tell us but you also have to tell us why on earth that would be your favourite. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Phinz said:

I originally heard the Vampyros Lesbos soundtrack on a university radio station and had to have a copy (back in the days before the internet, you’d go to a record store). I was amazed when Tarantino used it in Jackie Brown… Damn, that guy knows how to score a movie!

There was a complete remake of this album back in the late 90s. Various artists. Really good stuff as I recall fir the time. I have it around somewhere. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

fuzz, not only do you definitely have to tell us but you also have to tell us why on earth that would be your favourite. 

Childhood memories, that's why. Any time I hear this, I remember sitting in the cinema watching the movie, completely astounded that they were killing off a bunch of Autobots and Decepticons. Heck, it was an American kids cartoon series. Nobody ever dies! Not like Japanese anime. Robotech was the first cartoon series I ever saw where a major character was killed off.

• Like 2

I love the symphonic soundtrack pieces.  The standout track for me is from Aliens "Futile Escape".  You'll probably recognize it. It's the frenzied one with the military drumming during one of the combat scenes between the Aliens and the Colonial Marines.

Overall soundtrack. I love the Gladiator one, from start to finish.  Whenever I need to bury my head in work, I put this on and get down to business. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Childhood memories, that's why. Any time I hear this, I remember sitting in the cinema watching the movie, completely astounded that they were killing off a bunch of Autobots and Decepticons. Heck, it was an American kids cartoon series. Nobody ever dies! Not like Japanese anime. Robotech was the first cartoon series I ever saw where a major character was killed off.

Oh come on Fuzz - you sure it's not this movie

The entire soundtrack for Guardians of the Galaxy is outstanding!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1