Recommended Posts

Do we have any greenthumbs on FOH?

I am doing Di's fishtank renovation.  4.2 metres long x 1.8m high x 700 mm deep.  Roughly 14 feet long x 6ft high x 2.3 Feet wide. 

The fish have found good homes :rolleyes:

It will be a terrarium. Lighting and irrigation installed, hanging plants are in (temporarilly) but the real action happens Saturday as the rest takes shape. There is some external bright light via skylight.   I will post some pictures next week and I will be back on Zoom from Monday with the full extravaganza in the background :cofcig:

This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. trying to get all the plants to have the same watering cycle etc etc. Humidity same, Lighting tolerance same...etc etc.  I never thought that I would be the person who owned a "moisture/light/PH meter". 

If you are a dead set gardener guru....I may need to touch base :lookaround:

Stay tuned. Yes Fuzz, I could us it to grow dope but it is not a DAA activity. 

Seriously though :shead:.....do we have legit gardening gurus on board!

Man drowning :cigar:

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Do we have any greenthumbs on FOH?

I am doing Di's fishtank renovation.  4.2 metres long x 1.8m high x 700 mm deep.  Roughly 14 feet long x 6ft high x 2.3 Feet wide. 

The fish have found good homes :rolleyes:

It will be a terrarium. Lighting and irrigation installed, hanging plants are in (temporarilly) but the real action happens Saturday as the rest takes shape. There is some external bright light via skylight.   I will post some pictures next week and I will be back on Zoom from Monday with the full extravaganza in the background :cofcig:

This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. trying to get all the plants to have the same watering cycle etc etc. Humidity same, Lighting tolerance same...etc etc.  I never thought that I would be the person who owned a "moisture/light/PH meter". 

If you are a dead set gardener guru....I may need to touch base :lookaround:

Stay tuned. Yes Fuzz, I could us it to grow dope but it is not a DAA activity. 

Seriously though :shead:.....do we have legit gardening gurus on board!

Man drowning :cigar:

 

 

you have to ask?

you saw my chili plants. hell, you knocked most of them over. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

you have to ask?

you saw my chili plants. hell, you knocked most of them over. 

seriously if their was an RSPCA or ASPCA for plants.....I would have made the call. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

seriously if their was an RSPCA or ASPCA for plants.....I would have made the call. 

so would have i. you were a serious danger to them. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kevin48438 said:

Are you looking to grow food or decorative plants?

Decorative in this case. i already grow tomatoes, chillies, herbs etc. 

Different world. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

so would have i. you were a serious danger to them. 

Seriously, Morticia Adams had more touch with plants than you did. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

We have three gardens.  One is just tomatoes (Jersey Devils, Hungarian Hearts, & Black Beauties) used for make sauces except the BB's, a pepper garden (different varieties used in making salumi), and a mixed garden for overflow that also includes bronze fennel, cucumbers, and purple cauliflower.  I'll post some drone footage when I get a chance.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On a serious note: the soil is important.  Starting with pests and/or their eggs can be a cause for a lot of frustration.  I recommend you source some good, clean soil meant for the application you intend.  Pretty common frustration for many an indoor gardener.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I wanted to avoid making it too Asian :D

Give my brothers and sisters another 10 years and you won't be saying that. :lol3:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kevin48438 said:

On a serious note: the soil is important.  Starting with pests and/or their eggs can be a cause for a lot of frustration.  I recommend you source some good, clean soil meant for the application you intend.  Pretty common frustration for many an indoor gardener.

Have that one covered. All of the plants are climatically central and south american. Generally succulents/ferns/various forms of philo's and calathea's. Soil I have right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I give this venture 3 weeks. I suspect it will end with the fire brigade being called... long odds on an ambulance but still a possibility.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I own a landscape construction and maintenance business. I may be able to offer some help/advise. I’m sorta unclear on what questions/advice/help you need? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear poppies can be both innocuous and rewarding. Something to think about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BTWheezy said:

I hear poppies can be both innocuous and rewarding. Something to think about.

Plan "B" ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NicPac said:

I own a landscape construction and maintenance business. I may be able to offer some help/advise. I’m sorta unclear on what questions/advice/help you need? 

Stay tuned. I envision a "bat phone"  type relationship :D

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Stay tuned. I envision a "bat phone"  type relationship :D

🤣🤣🤣 I’m on it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NicPac said:
26 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Stay tuned. I envision a "bat phone"  type relationship :D

🤣🤣🤣 I’m on it. 

No, make it like a phone sex line relationship, where he has to pay per minute!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

No, make it like a phone sex line relationship, where he has to pay per minute!

Now I think we are onto something! Cash or 24/24 credit. Either should work just fine. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NicPac said:

Now I think we are onto something! Cash or 24/24 credit. Either should work just fine. 

Easy. Don't drive the cigar prices up any higher than what they already are. You know he's going to get his money back somehow.  Lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hold up, if 24:24 credit is in play I have a BS in Agriculture from the University of Missouri at your disposal.  Sorry @NicPac, but it's a very competitive market for cc's right now.🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, therealrsr said:

Hold up, if 24:24 credit is in play I have a BS in Agriculture from the University of Missouri at your disposal.  Sorry @NicPac, but it's a very competitive market for cc's right now.🤣

For 24:24 credit, I think we'll all find our BS in Agriculture 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.