Do we have any greenthumbs on FOH?

I am doing Di's fishtank renovation.  4.2 metres long x 1.8m high x 700 mm deep.  Roughly 14 feet long x 6ft high x 2.3 Feet wide. 

The fish have found good homes :rolleyes:

It will be a terrarium. Lighting and irrigation installed, hanging plants are in (temporarilly) but the real action happens Saturday as the rest takes shape. There is some external bright light via skylight.   I will post some pictures next week and I will be back on Zoom from Monday with the full extravaganza in the background :cofcig:

This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. trying to get all the plants to have the same watering cycle etc etc. Humidity same, Lighting tolerance same...etc etc.  I never thought that I would be the person who owned a "moisture/light/PH meter". 

If you are a dead set gardener guru....I may need to touch base :lookaround:

Stay tuned. Yes Fuzz, I could us it to grow dope but it is not a DAA activity. 

Seriously though :shead:.....do we have legit gardening gurus on board!

Man drowning :cigar:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

I am doing Di's fishtank renovation.  4.2 metres long x 1.8m high x 700 mm deep.  Roughly 14 feet long x 6ft high x 2.3 Feet wide. 

The fish have found good homes :rolleyes:

It will be a terrarium. Lighting and irrigation installed, hanging plants are in (temporarilly) but the real action happens Saturday as the rest takes shape. There is some external bright light via skylight.   I will post some pictures next week and I will be back on Zoom from Monday with the full extravaganza in the background :cofcig:

This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. trying to get all the plants to have the same watering cycle etc etc. Humidity same, Lighting tolerance same...etc etc.  I never thought that I would be the person who owned a "moisture/light/PH meter". 

If you are a dead set gardener guru....I may need to touch base :lookaround:

Stay tuned. Yes Fuzz, I could us it to grow dope but it is not a DAA activity. 

Seriously though :shead:.....do we have legit gardening gurus on board!

Man drowning :cigar:

you have to ask?

you saw my chili plants. hell, you knocked most of them over. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

you have to ask?

you saw my chili plants. hell, you knocked most of them over. 

seriously if their was an RSPCA or ASPCA for plants.....I would have made the call. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Kevin48438 said:

Are you looking to grow food or decorative plants?

Decorative in this case. i already grow tomatoes, chillies, herbs etc. 

Different world. 

We have three gardens.  One is just tomatoes (Jersey Devils, Hungarian Hearts, & Black Beauties) used for make sauces except the BB's, a pepper garden (different varieties used in making salumi), and a mixed garden for overflow that also includes bronze fennel, cucumbers, and purple cauliflower.  I'll post some drone footage when I get a chance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On a serious note: the soil is important.  Starting with pests and/or their eggs can be a cause for a lot of frustration.  I recommend you source some good, clean soil meant for the application you intend.  Pretty common frustration for many an indoor gardener.

3 minutes ago, Kevin48438 said:

On a serious note: the soil is important.  Starting with pests and/or their eggs can be a cause for a lot of frustration.  I recommend you source some good, clean soil meant for the application you intend.  Pretty common frustration for many an indoor gardener.

Have that one covered. All of the plants are climatically central and south american. Generally succulents/ferns/various forms of philo's and calathea's. Soil I have right. 

I own a landscape construction and maintenance business. I may be able to offer some help/advise. I’m sorta unclear on what questions/advice/help you need? 

6 minutes ago, NicPac said:

I own a landscape construction and maintenance business. I may be able to offer some help/advise. I’m sorta unclear on what questions/advice/help you need? 

Stay tuned. I envision a "bat phone"  type relationship :D

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

🤣🤣🤣 I’m on it. 

20 minutes ago, NicPac said:
26 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

🤣🤣🤣 I’m on it. 

No, make it like a phone sex line relationship, where he has to pay per minute!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

No, make it like a phone sex line relationship, where he has to pay per minute!

Now I think we are onto something! Cash or 24/24 credit. Either should work just fine. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NicPac said:

Now I think we are onto something! Cash or 24/24 credit. Either should work just fine. 

Easy. Don't drive the cigar prices up any higher than what they already are. You know he's going to get his money back somehow.  Lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, therealrsr said:

Hold up, if 24:24 credit is in play I have a BS in Agriculture from the University of Missouri at your disposal.  Sorry @NicPac, but it's a very competitive market for cc's right now.🤣

For 24:24 credit, I think we'll all find our BS in Agriculture 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I work as a grower and technician for a research group investigating climate relations/influences on plants. Mostly food crops but due to tradition we do sneak in some ornamental crops once in a while. I specialize in growing plants in controlled environments, meaning fully adjustable greenhouses and/or growth chambers.

My main concern with what I've read from this post so far is that you are throwing yourself in the deep end and going for too many species that may (or not, if you've done your research) have too big difference in ideal growth conditions.

For example ferns and succulents can be tricky to combine, as ferns generally prefer high humidity whereas succulents the opposite (I'm generalizing here).

Good luck though! Keep us posted, and if you have specific questions - bring it on!