What's your favorite cut & why

What's your favorite cut  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

V cut at home or in more civilised surroundings, fingernail circle if out in the field as I often am due to my propensity for losing stuff.

Sent by spooky action at a distance

Whatever I feel like, I do sometimes judge on how firm the cigar is what cut I would need. If the draw seems lose when judging a smaller draw surface will be enough, if it's firm or the draw is less than what I thought it will be I sometimes do a X cut. If the cigars feels firm I use a straight cut. I don't have a punch except for fingernails.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29 met Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nevrknow said:

Small punch first. Bigger punch or straight cut until it draws to my preference.

This 👍

5 hours ago, RDB said:

Punch. Doesn’t mess with the wrapper, more controlled draw.

Because this 👍

• Like 1

I've gone from using the punch to cutting the cap off with the sharp little blade on this SA cigar punch. For a tapered or fat cigar it's a straight cut.

image.png.ffb017db2c6a3cd3c994acb0837246ef.png

12 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

I prefer Colibri V-Cut the most, since it gives more intense flavor than any other cuts IMHO. Will try Cuban Crafters Dos Chabetas Perfect Cutter for straight cut.

This.

Colibri V cuts keep things clean & works brilliantly on most sticks, save jaw-breakers & skinnies.

• Like 1

I prefer a punch. Just big enough to get good draw. I have the tool Joeypots posted above, the three size choices are awesome. I like that a punch leaves some of the "shoulder" intact, it leads to less problems later in the cigar and I prefer the feel of it. I like Scissors for straight cuts, the JJ Fox scissors have been my go to straight cutter since they released them. Very sharp and easy to control. I've never understood V cuts or had any desire to purchase a V cutter. The asymmetry bothers me. Haha. 

7 hours ago, Tstew75 said:

This.

Colibri V cuts keep things clean & works brilliantly on most sticks, save jaw-breakers & skinnies.

Much agreed! I found Colibri V-Cut allows me to puff CCs with more comfort (and very easy to use for sure). Can't wait to use Colibri V-Cut on Pyramids like H. Upmann No. 2 😄.