What's your favorite cut & why

What's your favorite cut  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

a large 11mm punch is really clean and works well for me. it can be further cut if there are draw or tar issues. pyramides and belicosos get a v-cut, and those can also transition to a straight cut if needed.

i would love to not bother with a cutter and pinch/fingernail them open, but it usually ends up unravelling. so even though i'd rather not, i'm stuck carrying around "gear."

-dobbs

Once I got a colibri v-cutter I never looked back. I usually am golfing or drinking when I’m smoking cigars, so I don’t want to be bothered with the focus needed for a straight cut. The v-cutter can be done without even looking and never fails. I also like the mouthfeel of a v cut.

• Like 1

Straight double guillotine

Perspective being a more even burn and more equal airflow across all layers of the roll - at least that's what I'm telling myself, for now.

Also like rotating the blades but not snapping through the cigar, only cutting through and removing the thin wrapper cap, for the same reason