What's up for the weekend?

What's up for the weekend folks?

Not much my end as we are stil in lockdown until Sunday afternoon. 

Some tiling tomorrow (stop laughing), maybe some FOH Zoom and then a few drinks with Di while we test run the new Webber with some Charolais Tomahawks. 

Cigars of course...BBF calling my name and ..maybe a bottle of a decent spanish grenach :cigar:

• Like 2

Not much here either.. Second jab planned for tomorrow morning so we'll see how/when/if that hits me throughout the weekend.
Still have a few ncs from the "no need to buy again" pile I've been meaning to empty but that will depend on the weather.

just got a new weber myself! the summit kamado, and i'm super-excited to run it in. going to tackle that this weekend, and then going to see thundercat (musician).

of course gonna try to squeeze a cigar or two in there.

-dobbs

4 hours ago, griller said:

Going to grill some protein (whatever is on sale, hoping for ribeyes), knock back a few cold adult beverages, and maybe finish a book I started during my vacation in July. 

Cigar-wise, I have a RyJ Churchill, SCdlH La Fuerza, Monte #1, Epicure #1, and a BBF all sitting in the dry box just waiting to be lit up. For those NC fans, I have both Leaf by Oscar Lancero and Toro sizes with the Corojo wrapper. To my palate, this is the best NC available right now. Strongly recommend giving these a try if given the opportunity and you'll be blown away.

Sounds like a nice weekend.  Those Leaf by Oscar corojos are great. 

3 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

Leaving for Yellowstone on Sunday and staying until Tuesday.

Have lived in Wyoming for about 13 years now and have never been, so it will be a great trip I'm sure.

Also will just be nice to get away from the Veteran's Home for a few days after living here for a year and a half so far.

Easy to get a little stir crazy, especially since I don't drive anymore

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Enjoy Yellowstone! Sounds like a great trip and a much deserved getaway! Hope you brought a few nice smokes (even though I'm sure they don't allow smoking in national parks. Smokey the bear will come after you). 

• Like 1

Playing golf in the morning with a couple buddies.  First time back playing since end of June when I developed a hematoma in my abdomen.  Gotta take it nice and easy....  Sunday the lady and I will be going out on our buddies boat for some day boozin fun in the sun on the water.  Not sure what sticks I'll enjoy, but I know it'll be several. 

• Like 4

Enjoy Yellowstone! Sounds like a great trip and a much deserved getaway! Hope you brought a few nice smokes (even though I'm sure they don't allow smoking in national parks. Smokey the bear will come after you). 
I really hope there's a smoking area in Cody at the cabins we are staying in since they are outside the park.

Have my pocket case full with 3 Cohibas, one for each evening.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Good lord yall stay busy on your days off. 

After my work week I sleep for most of my first day off. Wake up, eat something, and fall back asleep. Nothing gets done until day 2. 

Day 3 is the real rest day, and usually I putter around or take a day trip. Day 4 is like your Sunday. This weekend it'll be lawn work. Who knew lawns grew out here? It's all weeds 6' tall, but snakes and skunks necessitate it.

Well, for those of us in NSW, can't do nothing or go anywhere. 

We are in lockdown but our case numbers are raising constantly. That is because our state politicians don't want to define what is essential or not. 

Outside of the more restricted LGAs, we are allowed to travel up to 10kms for exercise or essential services.

This should be only if necessary but loopholes like this are causing major problems. 

At this rate, we will be lucky if we get this Delta variant sorted before Christmas. 

• Like 1