Should Employers have the right to request staff be vaccinated?

Vaccination in the work place.   

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a front line healthcare worker I'm absolutely sick and tired of people coming in with covid now.  We did it last year, and our hospital lost half its staff. Now we're understaffed like every h

No way should they have that right. People should not be forced to accept a medical procedure in order to work, especially not an experimental and potentially very dangerous one. And it is very much e

Exactly, it’s like the current hysteria with kids supposedly getting it in any serious numbers. Absolutely no scientific or statistical evidence behind it, pure fear propaganda. If you are vaccin

What about the millions of people who have contracted covid, fully recovered and have natural immunity.  This is completely blown off by the powers to be.   Read the Clevland Clinic study regarding this.  zero previously infected people in their study contracted covid again...   Zero.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, rp99pts said:

What about the millions of people who have contracted covid, fully recovered and have natural immunity.  This is completely blown off by the powers to be.   Read the Clevland Clinic study regarding this.  zero previously infected people in their study contracted covid again...   Zero.    

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7032e1.htm

This report details the findings of a case-control evaluation of the association between vaccination and SARS-CoV-2 reinfection in Kentucky during May–June 2021 among persons previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 in 2020. Kentucky residents who were not vaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with those who were fully vaccinated (odds ratio [OR] = 2.34; 95% confidence interval [CI] = 1.58–3.47)

1 hour ago, CommanderJWBond said:

The video is a decade old. And politics is not up for discussion.

The video is even more relevant today.   That philosophy (you don't own your business) is the prevailing ideal nation wide.  It has further expanded into property rights as we are no longer have a right to property ownership (Eviction Moratorium's).

To say "Employers have the right to decide what the job requirements are." is not true in the US at least.  Maybe in your locale that is accurate. 

Here, the federal government call shots.  It doesn't matter the Party and we march.

New Israeli study shows that double Pfizer vaxxed recipients can and are getting hit by the Delta variant.  They are recommending a third "booster". Despite having high vaccination rates, their daily cases keep increasing. 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/08/grim-warning-israel-vaccination-blunts-does-not-defeat-delta

image.png.94a85f2d99d46e15effcce305133ebd2.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think employer mandates might also give “cover” to people who might want to be vaccinated but would face social repercussions for doing so. I can think of a subset of people that would gladly use employer mandates as a face saving measure to get vaccinated without having to publicly admit they were wrong or changed opinions.

13 minutes ago, Puros Y Vino said:

New Israeli study shows that double Pfizer vaxxed recipients can and are getting hit by the Delta variant.  They are recommending a third "booster". Despite having high vaccination rates, their daily cases keep increasing.

We need to move away from vaccines & vaccine mandates and concentrate on therapeutic treatment's instead. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

We need to move away from vaccines & vaccine mandates and concentrate on therapeutic treatment's instead. 

So move away from the most effective method of dealing with covid both deaths and spread (vaccines), to a series of methods that are entirely ineffective at limiting spread and generally much less effective at preventing deaths... What's the logic there?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Bijan said:

So move away from the most effective method of dealing with covid both deaths and spread (vaccines), to a series of methods that are entirely ineffective at limiting spread and generally much less effective at preventing deaths... What's the logic there?

I am not saying to "not have a vaccine", but effort needs to be put into therapies.  Mandating experimental injections I am not for.

Just about everyone is going to get Covid one way or the other.  Being able to effectively treat it so only the smallest minority end up in the hospital is what I propose.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I am not saying to "not have a vaccine", but effort needs to be put into therapies.  Mandating experimental injections I am not for.

Just about everyone is going to get Covid one way or the other.  Being able to effectively treat it so only the smallest minority end up in the hospital is what I propose.

What you say makes the most sense if a small number will end up getting covid, or alternatively if only a small minority have bad symptoms and need the therapeutics.

As far as I know most of the therapeutics are about as or more experimental than the vaccine, with less real world data since less used.

A bit of a sensationalistic op-ed, but a good view of the effectiveness of therapeutics vs vaccines:

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-08-17/vaccinated-covid-doctor-shot

And I don't think the lack of therapeutics is due to lack of trying.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Sorry - I don't get what is "experimental" about vaccines that have been used now in millions of people and proven to be effective.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nino said:

Sorry - I don't get what is "experimental" about vaccines that have been used now in millions of people and proven to be effective.

None of the Covid Vaccines offered in the USA are an FDA (USA approval agency) approved drugs.  The millions are the experiment.

The uptick vaccination and mandates become more lawful once the vaccines are approved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

None of the Covid Vaccines offered in the USA are an FDA (USA approval agency) approved drugs.  The millions are the experiment.

The uptick vaccination and mandates become more lawful once the vaccines are approved.

Once the FDA approves the vaccines, do you plan on getting vaccinated?

The video is even more relevant today.   That philosophy (you don't own your business) is the prevailing ideal nation wide.  It has further expanded into property rights as we are no longer have a right to property ownership (Eviction Moratorium's).
To say "Employers have the right to decide what the job requirements are." is not true in the US at least.  Maybe in your locale that is accurate. 
Here, the federal government call shots.  It doesn't matter the Party and we march.

I would argue that US employment law differs from your opinion. But once people who lose their jobs sue, we will find out.

2 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

You're assuming I am not already?  I have had Covid as well.

You said:

27 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Mandating experimental injections I am not for.

So then the questions are:

• Are you currently vaccinated?
  • If not (which was my assumption based on statements as per above), do you plan on getting vaccinated when the FDA approves the vaccines?

14 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Thanks.

I feel the word experimental is semantics by now but you are right, the FDA is slow.

Here in Europe we don't have that.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cigar Surgeon said:

You said:

So then the questions are:

• Are you currently vaccinated?
  • If not (which was my assumption based on statements as per above), do you plan on getting vaccinated when the FDA approves the vaccines?

I won't answer any of those.  No one should have to attest to any medical condition or medication they take.  

Any medical procedure should be voluntary, at least in the US.  Forced medical procedures are two steps from an internment camp.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Nino said:

I feel the word experimental is semantics by now but you are right, the FDA is slow.

Can you tell me what the side effects of this vaccine are at even one year out?  No one has had the vaccine even that long.

6 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Can you tell me what the side effects of this vaccine are at even one year out?  No one has had the vaccine even that long.

No, but I am alive & fine after 2 jabs and so is the overwhelming majority. But I respect your choice. You tell me in a years time how unvaccinated people are doing.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-covid-vaccines/corrected-fact-check-covid-19-vaccines-are-not-experimental-and-they-have-not-skipped-trial-stages-idUSL1N2M70MW

You can argue that it's fake news but Reuters is as unbiased as news gets. Unless you don't like the news that's being reported.

• Like 3