Should Employers have the right to request staff be vaccinated?

Vaccination in the work place.   

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

for those clinging on to the concept of the vaccinated getting it, every report i have found says that in the very minor number of cases where this happens, the result is a much less severe dose. so relying on that, without further evidence, is not likely to fly. 

Even if that’s right it doesn’t stop them transmitting it. This is important because as I currently understand it vaccinated staff will protect no one but themselves. The argument that vaccinated staff protect customers is seemingly a shaky one without any real scientific evidence to back it up.

• Like 4

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a front line healthcare worker I'm absolutely sick and tired of people coming in with covid now.  We did it last year, and our hospital lost half its staff. Now we're understaffed like every h

No way should they have that right. People should not be forced to accept a medical procedure in order to work, especially not an experimental and potentially very dangerous one. And it is very much e

Exactly, it’s like the current hysteria with kids supposedly getting it in any serious numbers. Absolutely no scientific or statistical evidence behind it, pure fear propaganda. If you are vaccin

37 minutes ago, DaBoot said:

Tough one. I want to say no. But they do have the right to say yes. But with personal choice,( religious personal preference)where do we draw the line.????

The employee can go find new work elsewhere, 

can I per say as an employer, not hire someone because they are overweight??

Not very likely I will catch morbid obesity from a co-worker though!

6 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

in fact, it should be taken out of the employer's hands and made compulsory, though sadly those elected to enforce such issues are truly dumber than the proverbial bag of rocks (looking at you, premier pumpkin). 

Elected officials will do anything to remain “elected”, including punting the onus of vaccination requirements (or lack there of) on the employers. They are staying away from something toxic to remain elected.

With that said, I’m vaccinated, but not because my employer would terminate me if I didn’t. That’s my answer to this poll.

I punt!

tough one...

note that the question doesn't ask about anyone's feelings about vaccination. i agree with @teamrandr to a point, but there have to be some safeguards against biased hiring (won't dig any further into that here though). that said, private companies should not be required to have policies based on anyone's feelings but the owner. @Hammer Smokin' makes the main point which is that people generally aren't compelled to work at their current place of employment.

does an employer requiring vaccinations violate the employee's rights? if you think so then the onus is on you to explain exactly how. there's no law guaranteeing employment under employee terms.

-dobbs

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, JY0 said:

Once it’s fully approved, yes. 

I think a lot of the rules will change once it’s fully approved. I think your hand will be forced eventually. 

I am curious about medial insurance rates of the unvaccinated. As an employer, will you stand for rates exponentially higher if your employees are not vaccinated? Will the unvaccinated be ok with paying much higher premiums? 
Airlines are already starting to come out and require vaccines to fly with them. I do think if you are not vaccinated your options in life will be very limited after the vaccine is fully approved. As an employer, will you employee individuals that are handcuffed? 

Will hospitals only take vaccinated patience at some point? There is a ton of stress being put on hospitals from unvaccinated people. As long as the insurance companies pay up they will. What if the insurance companies at some point refuse paying for the unvaccinated? I think that will be the single biggest driver of people getting vaccinated. 

4 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

Iisrael has had similar results noting 'huge' and 'significant' reductions. 

Worthless 

4 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

apparently the moderna vax is even made or being adjusted, with this aim in mind. 

Worthless

Not meanng to be difficult Ken but peer reviewed studies are understandably short on the ground as far as i understand. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jackinkc said:

I think a lot of the rules will change once it’s fully approved. I think your hand will be forced eventually. 

I am curious about medial insurance rates of the unvaccinated. As an employer, will you stand for rates exponentially higher if your employees are not vaccinated? Will the unvaccinated be ok with paying much higher premiums? 
Airlines are already starting to come out and require vaccines to fly with them. I do think if you are not vaccinated your options in life will be very limited after the vaccine is fully approved. As an employer, will you employee individuals that are handcuffed? 

Will hospitals only take vaccinated patience at some point? There is a ton of stress being put on hospitals from unvaccinated people. As long as the insurance companies pay up they will. What if the insurance companies at some point refuse paying for the unvaccinated? I think that will be the single biggest driver of people getting vaccinated. 

My employer has a division that insures entertainment across NA. Just today we have a big client in the USA who just cancelled a concert in Texas because the venue wouldn't enforce the bands requirement to have all attendees show proof of vax or proof of no virus. 

I'm curious if the promotor will submit a claim under their cancellation insurance (likely). I'm unsure whether or not the policy will respond (and I'm glad I don't have to worry about that). 

10 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

took me a few minutes on google to find all manner scientific evidence and reports to confirm the contrary. studies here involving several hundred thousand (so hardly a small sampling) show transmission is reduced by 40 to 60%.

Do the studies cover the OG virus and the delta variant?

1 minute ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

My employer has a division that insures entertainment across NA. Just today we have a big client in the USA who just cancelled a concert in Texas because the venue wouldn't enforce the bands requirement to have all attendees show proof of vax or proof of no virus. 

I'm curious if the promotor will submit a claim under their cancellation insurance (likely). I'm unsure whether or not the policy will respond (and I'm glad I don't have to worry about that). 

We are in a shit show for sure! If it wasn’t for so many people suffering, it would be somewhat amusing to see how this all plays out. 

1 minute ago, El Presidente said:

Worthless 

Worthless

Not meanng to be difficult Ken but peer reviewed studies are understandably short on the ground as far as i understand. 

why worthless? it is what we have now and provides the best info/indication we have. no one would suggest it is perfect but it is certainly a start. this all happened with all nations around the world hopelessly unprepared. they are doing what they can. sure, in time, we'll have much more thorough studies and understand all of it far better than we do but for the moment, surely these reports and studies have some value. if not, when and what does it take for them to fall into not worthless? 

i would suggest that they are infinitely more worthwhile than someone just dismissing it all because it does not suit their view. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

If one more moron uses "climate change" again in this discussion, they will be executed. 

how about weather inconsistencies?

and with that, i will shoot myself. off to deal with deadlines, as much fun as all this is. 

Just now, Ken Gargett said:

why worthless? it is what we have now and provides the best info/indication we have. no one would suggest it is perfect but it is certainly a start. this all happened with all nations around the world hopelessly unprepared. they are doing what they can. sure, in time, we'll have much more thorough studies and understand all of it far better than we do but for the moment, surely these reports and studies have some value. if not, when and what does it take for them to fall into not worthless? 

i would suggest that they are infinitely more worthwhile than someone just dismissing it all because it does not suit their view. 

Thay are worthless because I can't sit down my very nervous and religiously opposed employee and state that " I read that Israel has had huge and significant" reductions. 

Facts and law is what an employer can rely upon. 

Again, not meaning to be difficult. 

how about weather inconsistencies?

and with that, i will shoot myself. off to deal with deadlines, as much fun as all this is. 

Did "Moron" give it away i was talking about you? :D

• Haha 2

actually no. i was wondering who else was as enlightened. 

deadlines. i have deadlines and doctors. hopefully this won't be shut down when i come back tonight. 

On the contrary, as you are leaving......it has every chance of continuing :cigar:

Just now, clint said:

Just wondering if you as an employer would be willing to assume liability for any injuries caused by a vaccine that you mandate to your employees?   The pharmaceutical companies have convinced  governments to grant them immunity from liability so I'm guessing they would probably do the same for business.

In Oz no vaccine was given before approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). 

Fingers (and lawyers) would be pointing at them.