Your sanctuary of sanity

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This year I’ve been helping the wife with here veggie garden. It’s been very productive. Tomatoes, beans, peas, lettuce, broccoli, squash, zucchini, cucumber, watermelons, cantaloupe, honeydew, b

My job keeps me busy, CNC machine tool field service engineer. Then it’s working with the wifey in the yard and garden after work and on the weekends. When I have the time I do a bit of amateur woodwo

Without a doubt, mountain biking over the last 25 years has kept me sane and living life. There is no better travel companion, therapy or personal trainer, IMO. Here’s a collection of my bikes an

2 hours ago, 99call said:

Half an hour just looking at the sea, can deal with years of stress, angst etc.        The rolling and retreating tides seem to scavenge and remove bad energy so successfully. 

Can't agree more with that!

• Like 1

Indoor rock climbing. You have to concentrate or you fall off, so it’s in the moment. Plus a great workout. Always happier, and a nicer person, after climbing.

Yeah, I would do high intensity training and once I got to the point where I could barely catch my breath I wasn’t able to focus on anything else.

7 minutes ago, Greenhorn2 said:

Cute little devil. My best friend of 12 years is battling kidney failure.  Won't be long before I have to say goodbye and that will be my last dog because I don't think I can go through it again.

so sorry to hear. i hope that he will pass peacefully with no suffering. i am sure that you gave him a great little life. 

this boy is only around 8 months old but his unconditional loyalty and love is always so touching. 

Indoor rock climbing. You have to concentrate or you fall off, so it’s in the moment. Plus a great workout. Always happier, and a nicer person, after climbing.
I did that when I was a teenager, always liked it but lost interest. My eldest son is climbing in everything, if it's a pole he'll climb it, so I think we'll take him to a bouldering centre or something.

Boy in the red trousers. 393e8996a7818e47c71862860ea95816.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29 met Tapatalk

• Like 3

My boss is a generator of creative ideas. Recently, he proposed to create a TV or Internet channel "Good News". There are a lot of positive things in the world, so there will be no problems with the content. He believes that it will be popular, because people are tired and want a positive.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, nKostyan said:

people are tired and want a positive.

What people want is no lecturing, no posturing, no virtue signaling, no propaganda, no editorializing, no name calling, no demonizing, no finger pointing, no "experts" or arguments from authority, no government or "anonymous sources"  by anyone on the screen.    Bonus points for no idiots.  Just the facts on the street or in the countryside.     If you get that plus positive news you nailed it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

ill shoot for an hour or so ....small targets 100 yds out is relaxing other than that as others have said, the backyard, music and the grill are all i need to detach for a while.  a good motorcycle ride definitely does the trick too but I am "between bikes" right now lol as we put our youngest son thru college.  2 more years.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mickey D said:

LOL, we say and do that all the time with out three dogs. Boop!

05E63C7B-3C69-4DA0-95DC-FC294DA8B300.jpeg

3 herding dogs and the Enforcer ?

• Haha 1

I will referee soccer for 9-12 weeks in the spring and the same in the fall.  It clears my head, or makes my body hurt so much I can't think of anything else but that and I am all good for the weekend :)

I used to wet wade the rivers for smallies before my kids got to the point they needed me around more than the fish wanted to see me.

In between time, I golf, spend time with my wife, and try and get to church once a week to realize I am not the highest power governing my life.

And of course cigars...and visiting with cigar people while smoking cigars.

The news is a terrible idea because the vast majority of politicians suck.

• Like 3

Long Island…u fish Pacific? Counting the days to my next trip…

On 8/18/2021 at 4:19 PM, Kaptain Karl said:

Nice YFT! Where do you fish out of?