Your sanctuary of sanity

17 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Thanks!  It’s a D42 I bought back in 2006.  You are right, Martins are not just guitars they are Instruments with a capital “I”.  This one resonates like a grand piano.

Did they start making Martins in other countries?  I thought they were all made in Nazareth, PA.

You probably already knew this, but when Robbie Robertson wrote “The Weight”, he looked in the hole of the guitar and saw “Made in Nazareth, PA”, and that’s how he came up with the opening line, “I pulled into Nazareth, was feeling bout half past dead.”

I’ve been to the factory.  It’s under 2 hours away from my house in Jersey.  They have a museum there.  It’s pretty amazing.

Here's mine. I'm honestly don't know the model, but would like to know. I bought it new some years ago, but don't have any documentation of the model and haven't been able to look it up by the serial number. So if you can look at it and tell that would be cool!

20210821_141606.jpg.307c141308dfd649147eba6d3d77f30a.jpg

• Like 3

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This year I’ve been helping the wife with here veggie garden. It’s been very productive. Tomatoes, beans, peas, lettuce, broccoli, squash, zucchini, cucumber, watermelons, cantaloupe, honeydew, b

My job keeps me busy, CNC machine tool field service engineer. Then it’s working with the wifey in the yard and garden after work and on the weekends. When I have the time I do a bit of amateur woodwo

Without a doubt, mountain biking over the last 25 years has kept me sane and living life. There is no better travel companion, therapy or personal trainer, IMO. Here’s a collection of my bikes an

4 hours ago, Baccy said:

Here's mine. I'm honestly don't know the model, but would like to know. I bought it new some years ago, but don't have any documentation of the model and haven't been able to look it up by the serial number. So if you can look at it and tell that would be cool!

20210821_141606.jpg.307c141308dfd649147eba6d3d77f30a.jpg

From the shape, it looks like an 0 series, like maybe an 0-18 or 000-18.  I would think if you call the factory with the serial number, they should be able to tell you exactly which one it is.  There used to be a way to look it up on the website, but after a quick glance, I didn't see it there.

• Thanks 1

Not sure if this will resonate with the FOH folks, but my "go to" (outside of cigars :)is holycowyoga.com 

So many incredible and different styles of teaching.  I try to do it at least 4x per week (in a good week 5x)).  It's all available online now, so anyone/anywhere can enjoy/benefit.  The teachers are all so very different in their approaches, and every class is different.  (So many favorite teachers, including but not limited to Sonia, Kat, Martha, Kate ...and for "Bust your Asana" Tony, Steven though I haven't done those in a while.)   Not as good as "in person" ...but, hey, it's great to move and breathe and have someone encourage you into positions & exercises well out of your comfort zone.  

my 2 cents.

• Like 2

On 8/19/2021 at 7:31 AM, Cairo said:

What people want is no lecturing, no posturing, no virtue signaling, no propaganda, no editorializing, no name calling, no demonizing, no finger pointing, no "experts" or arguments from authority, no government or "anonymous sources"  by anyone on the screen.    Bonus points for no idiots.  Just the facts on the street or in the countryside.     If you get that plus positive news you nailed it.

I'd like to add "no predictions based solely on opinions" to your list.  If someone's going to predict something, I want math, science, or historical reference please.  Maybe no "faux experts" solves that problem.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

*Being on Facebook to see what kinds of shenanigans everybody's posting...*