Partagas petit coronas

Hi Y'all,

New to the forum, long time smoker but fairly new to Cubans.

I wanted to ask the difference in the Partagas petit corona lineup. There seems to be a vast array of Partagas right in the 5" x 40 ring wheelhouse (Aristocrats, PCs, Mille Fleurs, Habaneros, PCE, Supers, etc) and I was wondering if these are all really that different. Got a box of MFs on the way, just looking to buy some singles and explore more Partagas!

• Like 1

There have been many posts on this topic over the years--the search function is your friend.

My personal rating scale (fwiw) is that the best (by far) are the Party Shorts.

The Aristocrats are the best of the rest (again, imho).   Next, the Habaneros.

The PCEs are a bit milder--not in my wheelhouse.

The MFs don't do much for me.

• Like 1

From my point of view, P shorts are the correct answer to the question. PCE are my go-to if on a short trip. Nicotine wrapped in nicotine. No flavor whatsoever. Great with a morning Cuban coffee. MF: Pleasant and reasonable, wouldn’t fly across the sea for them. Supers: Same as the Milli, good, not outstanding. P2: (Recently) light draw, excellent. The larger Partagas have introduced a licorice flavor, which I don’t particularly like....

My 2c

Forgot. WELCOME PARKITO!!!  

• Like 1

Party Shorts are not in the class. Capitols also seem to be a cut above.

Everything else, whatever's smoking best. Aristocrats, PCE, Super Partagas and Mille Fleur pretty much rotate. They all taste about the same to me. Try them all--you might find one better than the others for you, although I don't believe they're using top-tier leaf in any of them since the early 2000s.

I would personally avoid the tubos (Partagas de Luxe and Coronas Junior & Senior). Duty Free garbage IMO. 

• Like 3

Tried a box of MF once everyone but a few where plugged. Shorts I've been buying for years. My money is on the shorts. I think I still have few at the bottom of my humidor somewhere. Still love them. I've had better success with the dress boxes then the 50 cabs but that's just me. Also I like them not too old so they have a little kick. Some of my 4+ yr shorts kinda lost there power. Not bad but I say that 1-3 age is the sweet spot.

Shorts and Aristocrats are the best of the bunch. Both have a sweet edge to them, caramel and molasses respectively
IMHO obviously...

Sent by spooky action at a distance

• Like 1