What's up for the weekend?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My son turned two today. Having his birthday party on Saturday.

Gardening tomorrow as we finish off he back yard / entertainment area. It has been a fun project.  BBQ Saturday night. Tomahaws have arrived (Organic black Angus grass fed). Trying out a new prov

Dinner at a friend's place. Shisha with my dad.

Opening weekend on high school football (gridiron) here in Tennessee, and while my son won't be playing due to an ACL tear in late June, my wife and I will be supporting his teammates as they take the field tonight. Fortunately his surgery went well, and God willing he'll be healthy to play for his senior year of high school.

From there, plan on doing a homemade lasagna for dinner Saturday night, and smoking some salmon filets & chicken breasts on Sunday. Some nice cigars in the dry box ready for enjoyment are: BBF, SCdlH La Fuerza, RyJ Churchill, Davidoff Ecsurio Corona Gorda, PL Picadores, Monte 1 & 3, Mag 46, and a gorgeous D4. I also find myself reaching for a Leaf by Oscar Corojo lancero when it comes to manning the grill or cooker. Construction has just been spot on with these, and if I have to put it down for a few minutes they don't seem to lose combustion. Very smooth, nutty flavors with baking spices in the background. 90 minutes of enjoyment...

Edited by griller
can't type
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Still trying to work out whether I prefer grass fed/grain finished or pure grass fed.

You'll never be let down with grass fed, grain finished.  Pure grass fed depends on what kind of grass, how meat has been processed, and the time of year the animal processed.  The grassy flavor and yellowy fat can vary dramatically depending of those factors.  The grain finish ensures a consistent tasting beef.

We go back and forth on the same and it's safer to go with grain finish; especially if buying a half side of beef.  We also like apple finishing on our pigs we buy.  I'd like to do acorn finishing, but I am having hard time finding a pallet of acorns to feed them.  We live in apple country, so that one easy to source.

• Like 3

Drove back to NJ from the Hamptons last night, because today we have to fly to Pittsburgh for the weekend.  We are bringing our oldest daughter to college for the first time.

As long as I'm on the subject, can anyone recommend a good cigar bar in Pittsburgh?

• Like 3

Our dog got sprayed by a skunk last night...so the weekend was off to a questionable start. But now that it’s cleaned up we are back on track.

the end of a weeklong fair is Saturday, and it’s all kids stuff so my daughter will basically live her best life and I will tag along. Saturday night is a pig roast at a neighbors.

Sunday has nothing scheduled.

• Like 4

I'm going to be bottling all the beer I've been brewing lately. 15 gallons so will take awhile. Going to smoke a couple of whole chickens and a brisket flat on the offset at some point. We've had a few storms lately so I'll also be firing up the firepit and burning off some tree limbs that have fallen.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Just finished up working 8 12hr shifts in a row this morning.  House is a mess, I'm out of food, and I'm exhausted.  Need to smoke a brisket, have many drinks, and smoke some nice cigars this weekend!  Only a 72hr week starting Monday, which is an improvement I guess.

• Like 4

I'm still on vacay with wife and the 2 crazies. Hoping the weather turns for the better, this week has been wet. If next year permits we'll go 1200 to 1500 km to the south, France, Italy or Croatia.
@Bijan happy bday to your son

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29 met Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Drove back to NJ from the Hamptons last night, because today we have to fly to Pittsburg for the weekend.  We are brining out oldest daughter to college for the first time.

As long as I'm on the subject, can anyone recommend a good cigar bar in Pittsburg?

When I was in Pittsburgh for a weekend last year I stopped at BURN right by the Steelers/Pirates stadiums. It was really spacious and comfortable.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bijan said:

My son turned two today. Having his birthday party on Saturday.

Happy Birthday to your little guy @Bijan !

• Thanks 1