Where do we go from here?

OregonDuck

Based on the sales that do exist in grey market sites that shall not be named, it looks like the C & Cs continue to be on sale from time to time at reasonable prices.

I have not ordered any lately, so I don't know if those are all 2021s or older boxes that were in inventory.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t believe what a box of party shorts is going for, even on sale now. Totally not worth it anymore IMO. There are a few others. Can’t believe the price on rgpe now either. C&cs should be $4 or less, and for me, no cigar is worth much more. Higher than $4 and it’s all hype and bs. This increase was an act of desperation by Cuba. There is nothing to justify it as far as I see.

4 minutes ago, KnightsAnole said:

This increase was an act of desperation by Cuba. There is nothing to justify it as far as I see.

The price increase from Cuba was not that substantial on the C & Cs.   The higher prices are a function of scarcity and the higher prices are being set by the distributors and/or the retailers.

Party Shorts will be produced in large quantity at some point which will get prices down to reasonable--but it may require patience to wait it out...

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was wondering what was going on with the prices. I haven't seen a decent deal on Cubans since mid-summer.

Unfortunately, I have switched to non-cubans on week days. My stockpile should last 3-4 years and some friend will probably visit the island by then.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 1:23 PM, mikinva said:

I was wondering what was going on with the prices. I haven't seen a decent deal on Cubans since mid-summer.

Unfortunately, I have switched to non-cubans on week days. My stockpile should last 3-4 years and some friend will probably visit the island by then.

This is me to some extent, too. Upside is the aging potential of my Cuban inventory improves, but there is a gamble at delaying future acquisitions if pricing or inflation doesn't correct from the current environment. 

Bottom line, I'm definitely watching the dollars spent on C & Cs and the price/value proposition isn't what it was a couple of years ago... 

• Like 2

This is me to some extent, too. Upside is the aging potential of my Cuban inventory improves, but there is a gamble at delaying future acquisitions if pricing or inflation doesn't correct from the current environment. 
Bottom line, I'm definitely watching the dollars spent on C & Cs and the price/value proposition isn't what it was a couple of years ago... 
Someone once told me the key to aging is to either buy way more than you can smoke or stop smoking the ones you have.
Times like these I tend to pick n choose more instead of buying because some sale price.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk