FOHNFL 2021 Invitation

Real story: My shopkeep over in Tampa couldn't care less about NFL football. Generally wouldn't know what city the Tampa Bay Bucs play in! I used to run a pool every year at his shop, same rules as this. $10 entry, winner takes the pot (usually $200-250). The last year I was over there, he won 3 times. Once his strategy was "Home team, away team. Home home, away, away. Home, home, home, away, away, away. There were some serious FFB guys in the pool that would know if Tom Brady had broken a finger nail! Nope. Home, away. Home, home, away, away...

Any given Sunday...

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

There are no tips. The 350 pound eye-scratching NY Jets might be better than the flesh-gouging Cincinnati Bengals on any given Sunday. 😳

@Connoisseur Kim, It also depends how good the 175 pound kicker is that day. 😁 

Just look up the Vegas point spreads for the week.  The size of the point spread is a pretty good indicator of the better team.  Bears -9.5 against the Packers means the Bears are expected (by experts or the public or some of both) to win by around 9-10 points.  The actual outcome is often quite different than the expected outcome.  But it's a good starting point for someone learning NFL football to get an idea of who the better team should be.

• Like 1

[mention=29444]Connoisseur Kim[/mention], It also depends how good the 175 pound kicker is that day.  
Just look up the Vegas point spreads for the week.  The size of the point spread is a pretty good indicator of the better team.  Bears -9.5 against the Packers means the Bears are expected (by experts or the public or some of both) to win by around 9-10 points.  The actual outcome is often quite different than the expected outcome.  But it's a good starting point for someone learning NFL football to get an idea of who the better team should be.
Thanks [mention=34685]Chibearsv[/mention]! I'll definitely look into it .

나의 SM-N950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 7:55 AM, Chas.Alpha said:

Real story: My shopkeep over in Tampa couldn't care less about NFL football. Generally wouldn't know what city the Tampa Bay Bucs play in! I used to run a pool every year at his shop, same rules as this. $10 entry, winner takes the pot (usually $200-250). The last year I was over there, he won 3 times. Once his strategy was "Home team, away team. Home home, away, away. Home, home, home, away, away, away. There were some serious FFB guys in the pool that would know if Tom Brady had broken a finger nail! Nope. Home, away. Home, home, away, away...

Any given Sunday...

we have a family footy tipping comp for the local league. my niece would always go on which team mascot was tougher. so if the tigers were playing the sea eagles, tigers it was. broncos playing the rabbitohs, rabbits it was. she did quite well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

we have a family footy tipping comp for the local league. my niece would always go on which team mascot was tougher. so if the tigers were playing the sea eagles, tigers it was. broncos playing the rabbitohs, rabbits it was. she did quite well. 

But that would mean St George wins all the time? I mean, what beats a dragon? Maybe a knight, but most of the time they get roasted in their tin can suit.

1 minute ago, Fuzz said:

But that would mean St George wins all the time? I mean, what beats a dragon? Maybe a knight, but most of the time they get roasted in their tin can suit.

thank you fuzz.

i always knew that i could come to you when searching for insights into a 14 year old girl's mind. 

• Haha 3