H Upmann Connoisseur 1 MEG JUL 15 JBWRW

5 hours ago, Meesterjojo said:

What's the difference between the Connie 1 and Connie A.

The whole 1/2 and A/B confuses me. Are they all that different? I wish someone offered a pack with two each. That'd be swell. 

About $100 a box. The Connie 1 is cheaper and for myself the obvious choice. The "A" is as said much more expensive, and I have yet to see a "rave review" from any member here regarding it. At least not enough to justify the big coin for a box. As far as the four different Connie varieties, this is total redundancy, and to me looks like an HSA money grab. I love the Upmann marca but the whole line has become too bloated with too many similar sized vitolas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYgarman said:

The "A" is as said much more expensive,

There have been some great clearance prices on As here and elsewhere over the past couple of years, but it looks like the days of great deals on As is behind us for a while.     Both the 1s and the As are two of my favorite cigars (I am deep on both)--and when bought on sale and properly aged the As are worth the extra coin.

4 hours ago, Cairo said:

There have been some great clearance prices on As here and elsewhere over the past couple of years, but it looks like the days of great deals on As is behind us for a while.     Both the 1s and the As are two of my favorite cigars (I am deep on both)--and when bought on sale and properly aged the As are worth the extra coin.

Very few "sale" prices for anything in the current Cuban cigar environment! I remember just a few years ago a box of RASS could be had for $189 USD. The current price is just ridiculous! Glad I bought them up back then.

16 hours ago, NYgarman said:

About $100 a box. The Connie 1 is cheaper and for myself the obvious choice. The "A" is as said much more expensive, and I have yet to see a "rave review" from any member here regarding it. At least not enough to justify the big coin for a box. As far as the four different Connie varieties, this is total redundancy, and to me looks like an HSA money grab. I love the Upmann marca but the whole line has become too bloated with too many similar sized vitolas.

Well, I might be inclined to favorably review the Connie A, but I sorely lack in experience with upmanns. But as it was my first upmann, I absolutely loved it. I had to stop myself from going in too deep with them (as I did with the partagas D4).