Which is the best cognac liquor?

brookemorris

In my opinion, two of the best cognac are Hennessy VS and Martell XO.
Hennessy VS. One of the most popular types of Cognac is called Barton Fine Old Cognacs. They are made with cognac liquor michigan from a single distillery, Fougeray-Bourbonneau in the Jarnac area of France and put into bottles that look like wine or champagne bottles.
Hennessy VS is made from at least three grand cru wines which have been sitting in oak barrels for at least six years to produce its mellow tasting blend - a perfect balance between blackcurrant and citrus fruits.
Martell XO’s nose is fruity with a touch of pepper and plum. There's an elegant warmth to this nose which comes across in its smooth body and richly textured palate (along with hints of fresh fruit). It's long-lasting and velvety at first, followed by sophisticated spice notes that are complex but not overpowering. The finish starts sweet and ends spicy with just enough reassuring tannins for lingering pleasure--again signifying how well balanced it is as a sip or final restorative cordial before dessert time arrives!

I am very close to you in my preferences...

Most reliable and value for money: Hennessy VSOP

Best in the XO class: Martell

Current favourite: I currently can't get enough De Luze XO. It's a fine champagne cognac, like Remy Martin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agree with the above, and while I generally prefer Armagnac, I’ve found that Remy 1738 is a happy medium between the VSOP and XO grade cognacs. Readily available and reasonably priced for the quality.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...