RIP Charlie Watts

1 hour ago, BuzzArd said:

Indeed one of the greats.  Someone I always aspired to play like.   A human metronome with feeling and touch. 
He will be missed. 
A fellow named Glenn Cronkhite made a simple stick back for Charlie back in the early 70s.  Just a plain,  natural leather bag that he used forever.  My wife and kids got me an identical stick bag from Glenn many years ago in my favorite color; Forest Green.   Love that piece. And of course I’ve always had round badge Gretsch kits and Charlie certainly influenced that decision. 

233EDA8E-185D-47E5-9AA9-AD9A370ACD56.jpeg

Nice drums! Is that a Ludwig club date? Had a set of those, they're great sounding kits. 

I had a a round badge set years ago that was kind of beat up but sounded pretty good. Bass drum wasn't the size I wanted so I ended up selling. 

• Like 1

I think I learned more from "19th nervous breakdown" when I was a kid than I did from most anything else. Sad day for us...😥

• Like 1

A life well lived. I always thought Keith would go first. 
He did, he just ignored it and carried on...

Sent by spooky action at a distance

Just saw an interview with Max Weinberg, the E Street Band drummer as to how Charlie Watts influenced him in songs like Darlington County and Born in the USA ... he was so respectful and full of admiration for Charlie Watts.

Good to see. Respect and RIP.

• Like 1

For me Charlie's passing is the end of an age. I've played drums, poorly, since I was in grammar school. I've always loved the Stones and the way Charlie Watts played the song rather than the drums. The songs hold up. Here's a bit of humor that sums up Watts and Jagger. Can't say they don't have a sense of humor.

• Like 1