Designing a wallet cigar multi tool

Now this may already have been done.....but I can't find anything that resembles what I am picturing. 

Imagine a cigar multi tool  that is the size of a credit card.  

Picture the below but geared towards cigars.  Once we get our head around what we are thinking, I will call in Smithy to do a proper design before commissioning a prototype. 

Question for you. 

What features would you like to see?

• Cutter
  • Draw poker
  • Box opener

?

Would love your input. :thumbsup:

Wallet Multi Tool Wallet Multi Tool Tool Multi Tool Card

• Like 1

Just now, LordAnubis said:

Please, you're going to fumble off the ladder, slice your neck open and it'll end up in your eye... learn to quit while you're ahead mate.

I did mention that I was calling in Smithy for this :rotfl:

The ShooAway partnership rides again!!!!

Yes, I am rightfully banned from using anything sharper than a plastic butter knife. 

Thankfully, conceptualising in the past has only hurt me financially :D

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bijan said:

8 or 9mm Punch

my preference would be for 12mm. if a guillotine cutter were included, i can't see it thinner than 3 credit card thicknesses. maybe the punch could be like the victorinox on a swing-out "blade"

i'd love it with a lighter valve release tool and a small, flat screwdriver to adjust flame on some lighters. draw poker would be awesome, but it would be short.

hope this happens!

-dobbs

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, dobbs said:

i'd love it with a lighter valve release tool and a small, flat screwdriver to adjust flame on some lighters. draw poker would be awesome, but it would be short.

Good suggestions. 

Let's get it to a design stage and kick it around. Prototype is a little more difficult but we have done this sort of stuff before. 

• Like 2

This is a great idea!

For me a unique nub tool, separate from draw tool, might be nice for those smokes you simply can't let go of.

I found that when I used my PerfecDraw as a nub tool, the next handful of times I used it in its intended capacity as a draw tool it added a burnt, off-putting taste to the cigar. 

• Like 1

You'd never get a guillotine in a credit card thickness. My tool design would be at least 5mm thick.

I guess you could put the ring gauge indicator on around the cutter hole, and have a slide out shallow punch, instead of the slide out gauge.

1684312775_CigarCardToolv2.jpg.d8874b02a09e58ae4b7e4bfbc0c565c9.jpg

• Like 4

For me, Fuzz's design would be closer to what I'd be looking for, but I might be a huge outlier. I wouldn't want a cutter on the multi-tool, as I'm always going to have a cutter with me. Draw poker would be a must have, as would a Phillips head corner or screw head to do lighter adjustments. Light purge tool would also be a big plus. If the whole thing flipped out as a cigar stand, that would be the Chef's kiss. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

For me, Fuzz's design would be closer to what I'd be looking for, but I might be a huge outlier. I wouldn't want a cutter on the multi-tool, as I'm always going to have a cutter with me. Draw poker would be a must have, as would a Phillips head corner or screw head to do lighter adjustments. Light purge tool would also be a big plus. If the whole thing flipped out as a cigar stand, that would be the Chef's kiss. 

Agreed. In a pinch, finding yourself without a cutter, settling on a Punch should do just fine. I have to say I love the idea of it folding into a cigar stand if that could be incorporated. You can't have it all in a minimalist tool, so I would suggest a Punch, bottle opener, and cigar stand. Thst should foot the bill and be a cute novelty at that. The draw poker probably won't work if it's the size you're thinking, but you could probably sneak a gas release nub on it somewhere and get away with it. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2021 at 6:15 PM, El Presidente said:

Now this may already have been done.....but I can't find anything that resembles what I am picturing. 

Imagine a cigar multi tool  that is the size of a credit card.  

Picture the below but geared towards cigars.  Once we get our head around what we are thinking, I will call in Smithy to do a proper design before commissioning a prototype. 

Question for you. 

What features would you like to see?

• Cutter
  • Draw poker
  • Box opener

?

Would love your input. :thumbsup:

Wallet Multi Tool Wallet Multi Tool Tool Multi Tool Card

Needs  to have a toothpick, that is, a slim short blade. Ought to be similar to a pipe tool.

I'd been thinking of this myself for sometime. 

On 9/2/2021 at 11:16 PM, Fuzz said:

I'm no design dude, but how about something like this?

1216927183_CigarCardToolv1.jpg.c0011c6ccb1e7662c9bfd68d72277b90.jpg

Oh, and before I forget....

1367945502_PatentPending.gif.db0e2b8766221cf46cf0ead8ec487a33.gif

@Fuzz, those are great ideas, and very doable. Would be thicker than a credit card, but probably not more than 3 cards thick. Well done! 👏👏👏

Actually would be at least 5mm, which is about 5 cards thick. Taking into account the body would be 2mm (1mm each side), that only gives you 3mm to play with. The blade is another 1mm, you need a guide rail to keep the motion smooth and locked in place, that takes up another 2mm. Then the gas valve pipe would be 1-2mm (ditto for the gas adjustment screwdriver). And the punch cutter would be 3-4mm, fairly shallow to be honest.

Doable, but tolerances will be very tight.