CCE vs Siglo III

Admittedly I did not search…and my question most likely coincides with fairly recent price increases…

can someone rationalize or explain the significant difference in cost between these two cigars? 

In some places, 25ct slbs are $150+ more per box for the CCEs. 

Pigtails cost that much extra can they?? 😝

This may not be a ‘new’ thing, but I’ve been eyeing Sig 3s lately and this thought crossed my mind, so figured someone here likely has some info. If it’s already been discussed, my apologies in advance ;)

Siglo II is actually larger by mass than the CCE as well and it's at least half the price.

The difference comes down to the CCE being in the Linea Clasica and being considered a more premium blend than the Siglo line. That's about it. Whether you find it superior is totally subjective. 

My personal opinion is that the Cohiba Laguitos are superior to the Siglo I-V in terms of blend. Whether or not I'd pay that much of a premium for them is another matter entirely. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lrabold89 said:

and tbh is a bit of a ninny cigar

:rotfl:

Yeah, CCE specifically seems to come from all over the place with a lot of quality variation. Would almost always go IV or V at that price. 

Obviously Lanceros don't suffer from the same issues. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lrabold89 said:

…..I’d rather have a IV than either of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my current dilemma. Down to one stick of my last SLB of Sig IVs, which were fantastic….but was thinking of trying something new in the III this go round. So I’m torn… 

CCE wasn’t on my radar, just found them smaller and the price even more extreme…so wondered what the fuss was all about.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

My personal opinion is that the Cohiba Laguitos are superior to the Siglo I-V in terms of blend. Whether or not I'd pay that much of a premium for them is another matter entirely. 

Agreed

Different series of cigars as people have mentioned. CCE vs MC Especial #2 is apples to apples size comparison and the CCE may be good but the MCE #2 can be an utterly brilliant cigar for significantly less coin.  Siglo III vs MC Tubos is again apples to apples and I've smoked too few MC Tubos to make an educated comparison. But again, both are good, Siglo III can be the bomb with some time down.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Tstew75 said:

Neat cigar w/ tons of history, but easy to fade vs. other vitolas at current pricing.

They don't even roll these at Laguito...I've always found that offensive 😂

not to hijack this thread but …

is there a list of which cigars are still typically rolled at the Laguito factory?

2 hours ago, Deezwho said:

not to hijack this thread but …

is there a list of which cigars are still typically rolled at the Laguito factory?

A full list? No.

The only Cohibas I haven't seen with a Laguito code in the past few years would be Siglo III, Siglo V, CCE.  All others are at least occasionally rolled there.

• Thanks 1

Other than the Cohiba I listed above, here's what I can think of off the top of my head:

• Partagas D4/E2
  • Trini Vigia/Topes/M Luna/Esmeralda
  • RyJ WCH
  • Monte Edmundo
  • Upmann Mag 54

I don't ever recall seeing a single Hoyo, Bolivar, Dip, PL, Punch, QDO, RA, SCLH or VR from Laguito in the past 5 years. Their range is quite small, and worth fighting over.

**edited to include Mag 54**

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tstew75 said:

I don't ever recall seeing a single Hoyo, Upmann, Bolivar, Dip, PL, Punch, QDO, RA, SCLH or VR from Laguito in the past 5 years. Their range is quite small, and worth fighting over.

I have two boxes of Upmann Mag54 with UAO code. I have seen Hoyo Petit Robusto in CP with AMO code.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, X-Man said:

I have two boxes of Upmann Mag54 with UAO code. I have seen Hoyo Petit Robusto in CP with AMO code.

Ahhh right on!  I have UAO Mag 54 as well, forgot about that one.  Edited my above list, thanks!

The AMO code was def used back in 16 for Hoyo, but not since (that I know of).  My list was sticking to the past 5 years as to keep it relatively current-

• Thanks 1

I've given up on CCE because of too many construction issues. I know I'm signing up for a certain amount of construction issues by smoking CC but I'm just not willing to accept the rate of bad construction at the CCE price point. Maybe I've just had an unusual amount of bad luck with them. 

• Like 1

Ok, CCE construction issues are well noted above. Appreciate the insights certainly. 

And for those who smoke a fair amount of Sig 3….how do these fair in the construction/consistency dept?? 

3 hours ago, coug28 said:

Ok, CCE construction issues are well noted above. Appreciate the insights certainly. 

And for those who smoke a fair amount of Sig 3….how do these fair in the construction/consistency dept?? 

The last two I've smoked, from different and recent box codes, have been excellent...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, coug28 said:

Over the years I’ve smoke lots of Siglo III’s and can’t recall any issues. Love them. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, coug28 said:

One of the more consistent cigars in my experience, at least over the past couple years. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, coug28 said:

Unfortunately my experience differs from the previous posters regarding Sig III construction. I keep my 'dor at sub 65% humidity but the last 2 from a 2020 box have both needed the PerfecDraw & had burn issues. Hopefully the remaining 22 out of that box will be better.

• Thanks 1

Smoked a Sig III last night that was very typical of my Sig III experiences, draw was snug but manageable and the cigar delivered excellent flavors for easily 90+ minutes without re-light.  I tossed it with a couple inches to go only because it was getting late.  They do require a little age to get over a young bitterness that they can possess, but they are certainly one of my favorites.

• Like 3