Good god is this guy serious ….he’s been around for ages and I feel like just started reviewing Cubans a short minute ago and man is he way off …..and smoking very quickly …..what are your thoughts in Bryan Glenn ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still trying to find that April fool's video he did where he lit the wrong end 😂

That being said I'd like to see him smoke an epi 1 or 2 😂🤣😂

I think he is the on the better 5% of cigar reviewers in regard of content. Is he off, sometimes by a mile? Sure he is, as we all are sometimes. His smoking pace always has baffled me a bit, robustos under an hour, toros a bit more than an hour we're I smoke a PC or sometimes even a HC at that pace. But in general I think his content is very entertaining and I think he does 1 thing very well: don't make cigars more than they are, a bunch of rolled up leafs. No pretentious content.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29 met Tapatalk

• Like 2

Agree.    No pretense but generally great reviews.     I really like him a lot

Only thing missing is how well he liked a cigar (no score offered)

• Like 1

I wasn’t aware there is an official smoking time one has to adhere to.. I smoke Robustos under an hour easy.

Regarding fakes.. yeah if you get cigars from random people and have experience with receiving fakes then not surprising if one asks about the authenticity?

lol

• Like 1

Seems only a tad fast.  Robustos last me an hour.  This is 5.5.  So he smoked a slightly longer (1/2 inch) in the same amount of time.  Could have been a loose draw which makes the cigar smoke faster.  Don't get your issue with his time.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Monterey said:

Could have been a loose draw which makes the cigar smoke faster. 

He complained about a tight draw which he later fixed with the perfecdraw. But yeah 55 minutes is a bit fast but not totally crazy.

3 hours ago, Islandboy said:

link between those who both smoke their cigars quickly and think Cubans are all hype?

Yeah, I think that is one of the symptoms of that crowd.

Other symptoms:

--They keep their Cubans at too high a humidity (and then complain about tight draws and poor Cuban quality).

--They smoke their Cubans when they are young (and often not ready for prime time).

I have been known to cause heads to explode when I tell them it is "user error".

😀

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Heels82 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C35cEI-Ph1c&t=767s

The rate at which this guy on the left smokes his Connie 2 like whoa...😲

LD is famous for wolfing down his cigars. He likes big cigars, slobbers all over them and puffs like a chimney. But he's very entertaining. 

8 hours ago, NYgarman said:

I see he started dissecting Cuban cigars to see if they were real or not.

Yeah, the guy still thinks checking for short filler is the tell tale sign...

The guy always seemed to me like a harmless buffoon. He smokes about 2 CCs a year, knows nothing about them. For that reason I don't pay attention to him. 

29 minutes ago, Cairo said:

--They keep their Cubans at too high a humidity (and then complain about tight draws and poor Cuban quality).

--They smoke their Cubans when they are young (and often not ready for prime time).

I think the storage conditions are the main issue. Youth has become less and less of an issue this last 15 years. Most CCs are fine ROTT. But it's generally understood that NCs are stored at typically higher rH than CCs. High 60s is very common for NCs but rH that high can make a CC virtually unsmokeable. I'm not sure if "dry boxing" has ever been a topic of conversation in the NC world.

And yes, overheating might be an issue with CCs, particularly since CCs are known to have firmer draws than NCs. Might result in puffing the crap out of a CC to try and generate the smoke output that an NC smoker is accustomed to. Also, many NCs can be stronger in terms of pure strength--white pepper where you get that nose burn. It might seem like the CC is so smooth in comparison they're just puffing away looking for some strength. 

2 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

He's going on about flies then he starts questioning whether or not the wrapper is Cameroon... yeah, count me out. Maybe his Cubans do come with Cameroon wrappers. That's why he questions authenticity. LoL

Wow.  And I know he's not old enough to be talking about Clear Havanas...:lol3:

As I stated, the guy's just a harmless goofball that knows nothing about CCs. I don't ever watch his videos even if he smokes a CC. 

• Like 4
On 9/5/2021 at 9:40 AM, larry said:

I wasn’t aware there is an official smoking time one has to adhere to.. I smoke Robustos under an hour easy.

Regarding fakes.. yeah if you get cigars from random people and have experience with receiving fakes then not surprising if one asks about the authenticity?

lol

The slower it smokes, the cooler it is, the better the flavor delivery. 

My target time for a Robusto is between 1 hour and 30 and 1 hour and 45 minutes. 

• Like 1

Bryan Glenn is SO sassy! Anyone ever see the video he made about heartfelt beads where he dunked them in the kitchen sink and was mocking people who used distilled h2o? I laughed my arse off at that one...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

The slower it smokes, the cooler it is, the better the flavor delivery. 

My target time for a Robusto is between 1 hour and 30 and 1 hour and 45 minutes. 

Opinion not a fact 

I’ve never been able to figure out why someone cares about how someone else is smoking their cigars ‘wrong’.

I guess I’m just too busy enjoying my cigars and smoking them in a fashion that makes me happy as opposed to giving two shits about how someone else thinks I should be doing it. 

I enjoy BGs content but don’t always agree with his opinions. It’s entertainment…take it for what it is.
I think Alec Baldwin is a pretentious ass clown but I love his acting!!!

Same reason why we read other ppls reviews and scroll through the daily smoke ….it’s part of the hobby to have a discourse about smoking preferences, style, setting and occasion and on and on …..I totallly get where you’re coming from but that’s like saying why should we care what so and so thinks about the flavor of a Jl2….it might not necessarily affect our perception of the taste but it may help us understand the big picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I'd also add that I find myself "caring" about how someone else smokes when they're new or unaware of certain generally accepted concepts, especially when I've given them a cigar to try/enjoy - things such as letting the ash build to control the burn/temp (for the constantly tapping cigarette smokers), smoking slower for the same reason, etc.  That said, when considering the smoking styles of regular cigar smokers, I agree with @Lrabold89 - it promotes discourse and consideration.  Accept and ponder what you like, reject/disregard what you do not.  Opine at your discretion.

• Like 3