Done. Last of the Nudes ready: Packaging question for members.

Preferred packaging.   

235 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder if I speak for a few of our members here in stating that I don't really mind, I just want these 'hot' little things in my hands asap! 😂

In all seriousness though, giving members a Combination option allows them to initially sample a Maduro or Rosado (i.e. note, in Cubanesque parlance that would mean 'natural' wrapper shade) and perhaps make a preference either way for a vitola they prefer. Then they can purchase more 25 packs of what they like down-the-track, at a late date.

So, in summary, maybe opt for 25 packs and 15-pack combinations to begin with and adjust you packaging later if you see demand change.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, stevenhaugen said:

Will be my first time buying some 'nudes' so hoping to get the Lanceros! Thanks Rob.

I enjoy them both but have found I smoke  3 Carlota to every Lancero. The Carlota size just fits into every day living so bloody well. :D

• Like 3

1 minute ago, El Presidente said:

I enjoy them both but have found I smoke  3 Carlota to every Lancero. The Carlota size just fits into every day living so bloody well. :D

Admittedly I had to google what a 'Carlota' was (if Google is correct, 5 5/8" x 35 rg) which is a great size. Guess I'll have to try and secure both.

Luckily I can smoke in my home office (my girlfriend is a saint) so I tend to go for the longer smokes. Plus, my company just loves long meetings making Lanceros, Churchills, Double Coronas, etc. etc. my go to's

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, stevenhaugen said:

Will be my first time buying some 'nudes' so hoping to get the Lanceros! Thanks Rob.

Me, too! This is very cool!

As a side note, I'm not a "maduro" guy but would be willing to try all the versions here.

19 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

That's my ratio for laguito 2 to laguito 1 (CCE CoLa, monte esp2 monte esp1), but price for nudies above is so close that might tip it closer.

I'm down for a bundle of Lanceros. I seemed to be late to the dance in previous years...

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

I wonder if I speak for a few of our members here in stating that I don't really mind, I just want these 'hot' little things in my hands asap! 😂

In all seriousness though, giving members a Combination option allows them to initially sample a Maduro or Rosado (i.e. note, in Cubanesque parlance that would mean 'natural' wrapper shade) and perhaps make a preference either way for a vitola they prefer. Then they can purchase more 25 packs of what they like down-the-track, at a late date.

So, in summary, maybe opt for 25 packs and 15-pack combinations to begin with and adjust you packaging later if you see demand change.

To John’s point, I’m game for anything. They’re looking so beautiful. But since I haven’t had the maduro, it almost makes me wish you had a tin or box deal. Like three of each or five of each as a presale to help me decide where to buy a box. 

Then again, I may just buy a box of both. So maybe better business sense to leave things alone. 😉

• Like 2

I think the tang/tannins the Rosado offered on the original release, is something that may be at odds with what chocoholics are looking for. 

Just my blind gut call.  But I think the majority buyers are going to be fans of either one or the other. 

Do the maduros smoke like a dessert stick, or does it still have that Partagas savoury spine Rob?  @El Presidente

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Unfortunatley logistics won't make that work at the price point. We may have a few more options down the line. 

I see.

With regards to how they smoke, I preferred last year's lancero to the carlota because the carlota wash harsher on my palate. Would you say that is still the case this year? 

• Like 1

Just now, sho671 said:

I see.

With regards to how they smoke, I preferred last year's lancero to the carlota because the carlota wash harsher on my palate. Would you say that is still the case this year? 

I would try one again. The original Carlota's have evolved into the superior cigar (from me at least). They have certainly evolved. 

This years release is a touch sweeter. One shade sweeter.  Still, we did not want to lose that touch of subtle bite at least not in the first 12 months. 

We blend cigars to suit our tastes. If we smoke them (and we do almost daily) then we know 60% of you will love them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

Then they can purchase more 25 packs of what they like down-the-track, at a late date.

Will there be enough to hold more than 1 sale? 

The way the '19s are smoking, I'm just gonna trust the flow and drop in on 50 of each option available!

Just now, Meklown said:

Will there be enough to hold more than 1 sale? 

The way the '19s are smoking, I'm just gonna trust the flow and drop in on 50 of each option available!

I had planned to have enough for a month. 

• Thanks 1