Chasing the Dragon: First CC advice

+1 on the RASS/BRC/D4 idea. My first RASCC I knew I have picked a cc but if this would be a blind tasting without the band only the lumpy wrapper would say it's a cuban. Taste wise it was more of a NC to me.

Taste is all different for everyone, but if he claims he's a medium NC smoker and picks Arturo Fuente as a brand this guy must have some pretty strong taste buds, especially with Opus X cigars.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29 met Tapatalk

• Like 1

Update:

The man said bring him the best.   And the best calls for a Gurkha.     

April Fools!  

It pays to have options so I brought my previously mentioned Canadian NC smoker neighbor a selection.     RASS, Hoyo Epi 2, Monte 1, Monte 4.     He picked the Monte 4 (MOB DIC 14)- little bit of age.    Excellent coffee and dark cocoa to start, black cherry/fruit transition around the halfway mark just like the previous cigars in the box.   No rough edges and mild-mod in strength.    A solid performer and 92-93 pointer for me.    He enjoyed the flavors and was happy to have his first Cuban, despite being from the land of hockey, maple syrup and most importantly no embargo.  RASS and Epi 2 were gifted as souvenirs.      

According to him, the Fuente Gran Reserva torpedo remains the cigar to beat.    Poppycock!!   Hilariously, he looked a little green at the end and complained the hairs on his arm were cold and standing up.    Slept on the couch which is uncharacteristic.     Glad I didn’t give him an Esplendido otherwise we’d have a wasted cigar and a little extra food for the bushes!   Good guy, great conversation and a nice way to get to know my neighbor.   Many thanks to my FOH elders for your recommendations.   He will be a money-slangin’ 24:24 fiend in no time.   

• Like 3