Friday Funny II........measuring

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

:rotfl:

1.jpg

I’m a land surveyor in the US. This pretty much made my week. The NGS (National Geodetic Survey) is currently in the process of changing the US survey foot to match the international foot (currently a 2 part per million difference). I am going to begin a grassroots effort to lobby for washing machines and toasters instead.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RichG-LI-NY said:

I’m a land surveyor in the US. This pretty much made my week. The NGS (National Geodetic Survey) is currently in the process of changing the US survey foot to match the international foot (currently a 2 part per million difference). I am going to begin a grassroots effort to lobby for washing machines and toasters instead.

Hopefully that effort puts my neighbors 1/1000th of an inch farther away instead of closer 😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

They are enjoying your new outdoor cigar lounge are they?  😄

They didn’t understand the beauty of it all until a few of us watched the Sunday night game. Especially after I popped the heaters on to take the chill out of the air. Now their hesitation in enjoying hanging out here is gone which is great. I think they actually feared enjoying it too much so they wouldn’t want to replicate it. 

• Like 1

In the UK the standard large gauge is "an area the size of Wales". This is used for anything from forest fires in far flung parts of the world to the combined size of municipal areas given over to rewilding.

Sent by spooky action at a distance

• Like 1