What’s it worth?

Took delivery of the Behike sampler from FOH in February 2011. This 54 has been with me since. It’s the only cigar I have that’s older than 4 years and will be by far the oldest cigar I’ve ever smoked. The 52 I smoked early on was perfect. The 56 a few years later was forgettable.

I think tonight is the night for the 54. As the kids say, YOLO. As the old timers say, smoke em if you got em.

My question is what would this thing be worth today?

5AF28C98-EAF3-4CEB-98C8-D0A8961BDED8.jpeg

• Like 2

Judging by the constant Behike chatter on other forums, I’m guessing there’s most definitely a market for this. And FWIW, the lone BHK54 I smoked about 4 years ago remains the finest tasting cigar I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing.

Current boxes are sparse and easily fetching up to $1500, so I’m guessing with yours, being nearly an original release stick, some fool out there (I include myself in this category occasionally) would pay upwards of $200.

You should enjoy the hell out of that fine specimen.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Psiman said:

what something cost and what it performs like are two different things. I have smoked $5 dollar cigars better than big money cigars. I don't get sucked into mystique in cigars regardless of the age or the brand. Good luck people smoking $200 or more dollar cigars and believing they are worth their price and if that's the case I question what people have smoked in the past to justify the prices,

We’re not really talking about what something costs though, but rather what it’s worth to someone - which are also two entirely different things, the latter being profoundly subjective.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

No offense but your cut is a disgrace emoji23.png why would you wack that much off the foot of a 250 dollar cigar lol…..hey glad you enjoyed and love the analogy …seems like the overarching wisdom on those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What?! I must have missed some forum discussions. As long as the thing doesn’t unravel, what’s the problem? 

9 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

No offense but your cut is a disgrace emoji23.png why would you wack that much off the foot of a 250 dollar cigar lol…..hey glad you enjoyed and love the analogy …seems like the overarching wisdom on those

And.....he's back!

Breaking chains GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

• Haha 3

On 9/18/2021 at 11:39 AM, NitrousPurger said:

Well she’s gone. Paired with a bottle of Frank Family Cab. All around a classy smoke. Extraordinarily smooth and refined. The flavors just aren’t there for what some people would pay for it. Started out full bodied, and quickly moved to medium through the finish. Exclusively luxurious Cuban tobacco flavor and smooth cedar through its entirety. This cigar reminds me of a tuxedo. Very refined, but not the kaleidoscopic of flavor you would expect from the “price point”. It would be a good choice for a formal event where you want something luxurious that won’t demand much of your attention. In the end, I’d take a 1 year old 52 over an 11 year old 54 any day. To answer the original question, I’d price this at $75.

Love Franks Family Vineyard Cabernet - bought 5 cases many years ago.  Still have 2 bottles of 2002 that are a little past prime but still drinks well.

On 9/18/2021 at 11:39 AM, NitrousPurger said:

Well she’s gone. Paired with a bottle of Frank Family Cab. All around a classy smoke. Extraordinarily smooth and refined. The flavors just aren’t there for what some people would pay for it. Started out full bodied, and quickly moved to medium through the finish. Exclusively luxurious Cuban tobacco flavor and smooth cedar through its entirety. This cigar reminds me of a tuxedo. Very refined, but not the kaleidoscopic of flavor you would expect from the “price point”. It would be a good choice for a formal event where you want something luxurious that won’t demand much of your attention. In the end, I’d take a 1 year old 52 over an 11 year old 54 any day. To answer the original question, I’d price this at $75.

Excellent bottle of wine.