What should I smoke tonight??

Having a hard time picking my cigar for tonight so wanted to get people's opinions!

RyJ Cedros Deluxe No. 2 - BEL OCT 20

Monte No. 2 - GOB NOV 20

Trini Coloniales - PCC stock - SLE FEB 16

This will be an after-dinner smoke with some bourbon.. I'd like nutty complexity and some evolution during the smoke. Have never had a Monte 2 before. I like the Cedros though I know that is not universally shared - it will definitely be enjoyable but it won't be something new. I had one Trini ROTT in July. Hoping it has had some time to relax.

I can't decide - help me out here? Thanks!! 

• Like 1

The Monte should deliver semi sweet chocolate, black coffee, and some barnyard twang.  Should be the most complex of this bunch but perhaps too young in my opinion

Cedros should be mild with woodiness, mild cedar or cherry, and floral aromas.  Not a lot of evolution.

Coloniales should be sweet and dark like like molasses and coffee.  Maybe a tiny but of nuts.  Not a lot of evolution

Nutty complexity for me is almost any other Trinidad besides Coloniales - especially Fundadores, Punch - especially 898, Upmann - especially Sir Winston.

• Like 2

I do have Fundies AEM MAR 15. I've only smoked one, back in July (got it from a seller on BR, it didn't travel far). I wasn't getting much complexity from the first one - maybe I should go back to it?

@Bijan Ah thank you. I had a feeling maybe I was stepping into a newbie hole asking the question. But I seriously couldn't think of a better group of folks to ask than the people here.

Anyway, everyone's feedback super appreciated. Thanks all.

5 hours ago, Psiman said:

smoking cigars with liquor is not going to give you an experience anything like it would without it. The Monte 2 with bourbon is probably the best bet and the most full of the 3. 

To add... I didn't end up smoking it with bourbon. It was a 2013 Brunello for the first half, and a cheap Chilean red for the second half.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bijan said:

Props on going with the suggestions. Usually people will put up a poll for what to smoke, then look at the results and go nah not feeling it and smoke their own pick regardless 🤣

Reminds me of an one of my favorite quotes: 

In general, people only ask for advice that they may not follow it; or, if they should follow it, that they may have somebody to blame for having given it.
Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Heels82 said:

What's laying in your ashtray?  Looks like you've adopted the way of @Kaptain Karl.  

Ha! I convinced my partner to join me with a short, but he didn't make it through before it went out. Not a big smoker, alas.